banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest Place to Buy SED Winged C Tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest Place to Buy SED Winged C Tubes?

I'm looking at thetubestore.com and wondering where to look for a better price...

Thanks.

Re: Cheapest Place to Buy SED Winged C Tubes?

Originally posted by Guitarist
    I'm looking at thetubestore.com and wondering where to look for a better price...

Thanks.
    I buy all my tubes from Doug @ www.dougstubes.com

Great prices and excellent service. I've heard some things about the Tube Store then really turned me away from them.

keep in mind that Doug is in the USA and I am in Canada. thetubestore.com is literly not even an hour drive from me.. yet i still call Doug and order my tubes from him.

Cheers
    www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Thanks, bro!

Comment

Cheapest isn't always the best. A good tube dealer will do a lot more than sell at the lowest price.

Cheap tubes aren't so cheap when they're poorly matched or fail after only a couple months. I'd rather pay a couple extra bucks and buy from someone who does additional checks to make sure I'm not buying a turd.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
        My Music

Comment

true .. even when i checked ebay. Those tested ones are prolly my type
          Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
          Gibson 1959 reissue
          Gibson 1960 reissue
          Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
            Cheapest isn't always the best. A good tube dealer will do a lot more than sell at the lowest price.

Cheap tubes aren't so cheap when they're poorly matched or fail after only a couple months. I'd rather pay a couple extra bucks and buy from someone who does additional checks to make sure I'm not buying a turd.
            This is very true. I buy all my tube's from Doug (Doug's Tubes) He's a very reliable source for tube's. I have not met him yet personally,But he lives one town over from me, And has invited me to his house to pick up my order and check out his stuff. He seems to be top self all the way.
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I purchased my Bogner cab from Doug and he was a great guy to deal with. For tubes, I usually go to revolutionguitar.com, but I know there'll be some tubes that I need that Doug just might have
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Check out Ebay seller "bmsanborn". Brian seems like a nice guy and did pretty good by me.

I count myself as a satisfied customer of thetubestore.com, as well.

Bill
                When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Yeah, revo-guitar is always out of stock with those Winged Cs...

...but I went with Doug. Very nice guy! Thanks for your help, all!

Comment

Another vote for Doug. He does test his tubes and is one of the nicest people I have ever met on the net. Great guy to talk to. You can ask him questions or explain what you are looking for and get his opinion. He is a great one to give feedback to also.

I can't talk this guy up enough.

You go back to those who treat you well. I have had experience with others, nameless but still popular on some "other" forums, that didn't give me the time of day.

Good choice Guitarist.

To be fair, there are others satisfied with other tube vendors.
                    Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
                    Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Originally posted by wixedmords
                      Another vote for Doug. He does test his tubes and is one of the nicest people I have ever met on the net. Great guy to talk to. You can ask him questions or explain what you are looking for and get his opinion. He is a great one to give feedback to also.

I can't talk this guy up enough.

You go back to those who treat you well. I have had experience with others, nameless but still popular on some "other" forums, that didn't give me the time of day.

Good choice Guitarist.

To be fair, there are others satisfied with other tube vendors.
                      I have to agree with you there. Doug's a great guy! He was a blast to talk to, cracking jokes about his wife, gave me a good deal and did one hell of a packing job on that cabinet (not an easy thing). I definitely forsee purchasing more from him in the future.
                      Originally posted by kevlar3000
                      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                      Originally posted by Zerberus
                      Better is often the enemy of good
                      Originally posted by ginormous
                      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
                      X