Dunlop 535Q or Vox V847

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop 535Q or Vox V847

I'm going to pick up a wah before I order my pedal board. I can get either one for around $70. I don't know much about wahs, the only one I've ever used was the standard crybaby. The Vox has a true bypass mod. So whats the difference between the two?

Re: Dunlop 535Q or Vox V847

The TB mod on the Vox is nice, but the 535 is more flexible. I have owned both and I like the 535 best. The Vox without the bypass mod definitely killed a good bit of the high frequencies when not engaged I noticed. I just personally think that my Crybaby sounds fatter than the Vox 847 I had. Plus you can't go wrong with the 5 modes. Maybe one with the TB mod would sound better though. FWIW
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

It depends on the tone that you like. I have the Crybaby from Hell, but have not tried the Vox. In general, I think that if you like "modern" tone, then you would like the crybaby.

Comment

I used to have a Vox wah, now I own a 535Q. I've only had the 535Q for a week or so, but I love it. Great tone, extremely tweakable, and little or no detectable affect on tone when bypassed.

I loved the Vox when I had it. It had a classy, classic tone. But I would choose the flexibility and nifty features of the 535Q over the Vox, no question. YMMV!
        Asteroids do not concern me.

Comment

I'm not going to be using the wah very much, but I want one for those occasions when I wish I had one. After thinking about it, I'm not sure if I really want those different settings of the 535. I think I'm leaning toward just a plug it in, step on it and go kind of wah, with no settings to mess with.

Comment

Working...
          X