No announcement yet.

Will the GAS ever end -- cab question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the GAS ever end -- cab question?

I may not be able to afford it for a while, but what is a well made cabinet that won't break my budget? Speakers may or may not be an issue since I might replace them anyway. If I find the right cab for the right price with the right speakers -- cool! If not, a well made cab will do. I'm thinking 4X12 for blues and blues rock. Something under $400 would be best and used is also very cool!

Thanks!
    Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Re: Will the GAS ever end -- cab question?

There ya go.

G412 special STRAIght GUITAR Cab
    4 Celestion Vintage 30s or 4 G12H30s 70th year Anniversaries, G12T75s or 4 Greenbacks ! ! Only $388. plus $49 shipping
    click here for HC reviews

After making custom guitar cabs for years, we've learned that the favorite configurations are this black tolex/wheat grill cab with either four Celestion Vintage 30s, four Celestion Greenbacks, four G12T75s or four Celestion G12H30 70th Year Anniversary speakers. We now do assembly line production runs of those favorites and can offer them at even more affordable prices than our custom cabs. Vintage 30s are the industry standard as they sound great either clean or crunchy on all types of music. They have a strong midrange presence and high power handling necessary for high gain rock or metal. The Vintage 30 cab is rated at 240 watts rms. The G12H30 cab has a richer bass tone with a wonderful warm overdrive tone. The G12h30s are lower wattage speakers at 30 watts each so they have an earlier cone break up than the 60 watt Vintage 30s. The G12H30 cab is rated at 120 watts. The 100 watt Greenback cab is similar to the G12H30 cab but the Greenbacks are even lower wattage speakers at 25 watts each and break up even a little sooner than the G12H30s. The G12T75 cab is similar sounding to Marshall cabs because Marshall uses G12T75s. All of the cabs are standard 8 ohm impedance. The cab is constructed of superior 3/4 voidless 13 ply Baltic Birch Plywood with strong rabbet and dado interlocking side joints for extreme strength. It also has front to rear internal bracing. The cab has two 1/4 inch in/out jacks (for daisy chaining with another speaker cab) mounted on the rear steel input panel. Now you can ROCK OUT with one of these three special cabs for only $388. plus $49. shipping. Because these are assembled and packed already, no changes can be made. For different speakers, ohms , grill, please check out the G412 custom cab options
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Oh yeah, here's the URL:

Comment

That is *very* cool. Thanks Benjy!
        Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Yep, hard to beat Avatar for the price. Dave's a great guy to deal with too, very personable

I think the ultimate cabs are Bogners, but I think anybody'd probably be perfectly happy with Avatar.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by gripweed
            That is *very* cool. Thanks Benjy!

No prob.

Comment

I just ordered a 2x12 unloaded cab from www.spawnguitars.com for $350. The page wont load right now for me.. stupid internet. I dont think the 4x12 unloaded is all that much. Plus you can choose all the options yourself.. color of tolex, piping, type of grill cloth etc.
              Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
              Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
              Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
              Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
              Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

Will the GAS ever end
                No.
                Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

Originally posted by suislidE03
                  I just ordered a 2x12 unloaded cab from www.spawnguitars.com for $350. The page wont load right now for me.. stupid internet. I dont think the 4x12 unloaded is all that much. Plus you can choose all the options yourself.. color of tolex, piping, type of grill cloth etc.
                  spawnguitars.com won't work, but http://www.splawnguitars.com does. :6:

Comment

Oh.. yea.. i think i only got 2 hours of sleep for that day excuse me haha.
                    Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
                    Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
                    Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
                    Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
                    Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Comment

Working...
                    X