No announcement yet.

The tolerances of Groove Tubes tubes?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tolerances of Groove Tubes tubes?!

So how are they tolerance wise? Are they like "selected" or do they ship whatever they get? They seem to be quite a bit more expensive than the normal ones...

thanks

7ender 7anboy.

Re: The tolerances of Groove Tubes tubes?!

Originally posted by Kommerzbassist
    So how are they tolerance wise? Are they like "selected" or do they ship whatever they get? They seem to be quite a bit more expensive than the normal ones...

thanks
    They are a waste of money. They are the same tubes that everyone else uses. GT puts them through their "exclusive test procudure", puts their name on it and charge you way more money than it's worth.

And their Mullard 12AX7 reissues are a joke. All of the ones I bought went bad on me, they are defective, GT knows it and so far hasn't done s**t about it. F**K GT, go to the tubestore.com, same tubes at a much better price.

Cheers,

CJ
    www.myspace.com/cjreaper

Comment

Originally posted by Usurper666
      They are a waste of money. They are the same tubes that everyone else uses. GT puts them through their "exclusive test procudure", puts their name on it and charge you way more money than it's worth.

And their Mullard 12AX7 reissues are a joke. All of the ones I bought went bad on me, they are defective, GT knows it and so far hasn't done s**t about it. F**K GT, go to the tubestore.com, same tubes at a much better price.

Cheers,

CJ
      I know they are "normal" tubes, but if they are selected, so they have smaller tolerances, that would be good.
      Maybe your amp has probs with those Mullard reissues?

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

I know they are "normal" tubes, but if they are selected, so they have smaller tolerances, that would be good.
        That is what I think too! Some tubes come with very big tolerances...

To the question... I think in the paper i gave you there is written how much tolerance they have.. the paper is of a GT guy, so always have this in the back when you read it
        RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
        TS 7 (modded)
        Hot Rod 50+ XL
        Framus Dragon 4x12
        V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel
          To the question... I think in the paper i gave you there is written how much tolerance they have.. the paper is of a GT guy, so always have this in the back when you read it
          Ah... now I know why he's always referring to them...
          But as a matter of fact, GT seems to be the only one with such a product variety over here...

Doesn't anyone else here have experience with those or knows more?

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Some of GT's tubes (12AX7M, 6L6-GE) are made especially for them but most are just rebranded Chinese or Russian tubes. I've bought a number of 12AX7Ms from a trusted source (Lord Valve) with no probs but LV does his own testing. I wouldn't pay any extra for a tube that's just a relabeled and "tested" GT.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
            My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
              Some of GT's tubes (12AX7M, 6L6-GE) are made especially for them but most are just rebranded Chinese or Russian tubes. I've bought a number of 12AX7Ms from a trusted source (Lord Valve) with no probs but LV does his own testing. I wouldn't pay any extra for a tube that's just a relabeled and "tested" GT.
              I would - if the testing included throwing out too off spec tubes.

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

GT is pretty rigid with their specs, from what I've been told, and they throw away or resell more tubes than they label GT.

Personally, I agree, they are overpriced. You can get the same things from reputable tube dealers who simply use generic boxes.

I still think that GT's are among the best tube companies, and really love the GT12AX7C's and the 6L6GE. I'm not loyal to any company. Whoever's got the best new tubes at the best price is where I go. I'm friends with Todd at www.revolutionguitar.com so I usually get my tubes from him. The bonus is that he's got a nice amp collection in addition to the brands he sells, so I get to go plug into some beauties at the same time I'm picking up tubes.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  GT is pretty rigid with their specs, from what I've been told, and they throw away or resell more tubes than they label GT.

Personally, I agree, they are overpriced. You can get the same things from reputable tube dealers who simply use generic boxes.

I still think that GT's are among the best tube companies, and really love the GT12AX7C's and the 6L6GE. I'm not loyal to any company. Whoever's got the best new tubes at the best price is where I go. I'm friends with Todd at www.revolutionguitar.com so I usually get my tubes from him. The bonus is that he's got a nice amp collection in addition to the brands he sells, so I get to go plug into some beauties at the same time I'm picking up tubes.
                  Hmm this is about what I wanted to hear
                  Btw I don't really want to get tubes sipped to me and pay shipping and fees and get them 10 years later... I just want to walk into the store and buy those thingys...

Edit: And the price for one of those is just 5€ above the price of a "normal" tube... so it's not that bad
                  Last edited by Kommerzbassist; 02-14-2006, 05:24 PM.

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Ah... now I know why he's always referring to them...
                    But as a matter of fact, GT seems to be the only one with such a product variety over here...

Doesn't anyone else here have experience with those or knows more?
                    www.tubeampdoctor.com .... same principle but different matching system, cool guys, german company... and IMO at least as good of a product
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                      www.tubeampdoctor.com .... same principle but different matching system, cool guys, german company... and IMO at least as good of a product
                      Hmmm I talked to my local dealer today and they don't really have the tubes Iwant stock,so I might even try those out ifthe shipping isn't too expensive...

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

5.90€ shipping, 4€ extra for COD if you´re afraid of beiing scammed
                        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

lots of people have had problems with their new Mullard reissues, but they seem to be refusing to admit to any problems with the tubes
                          Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
                          Marshall Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                            http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/shipping.php

5.90€ shipping, 4€ extra for COD if you´re afraid of beiing scammed
                            its unfortunately 14.90 for shipping to Austria... but still, I might try them out because they seem to select what they send in...

Offtopic: Zerb... I didn't know Infinite Ending had a myspace profile... I sent you a request...
                            Last edited by Kommerzbassist; 02-16-2006, 12:41 PM.

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

A bit offtopic too! How do you like your framus cab? I've got the 412 and it rocks imo (see my thread ...)
                              RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                              TS 7 (modded)
                              Hot Rod 50+ XL
                              Framus Dragon 4x12
                              V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Working...
                              X