banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible decision to make soon...Power amp + cab choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible decision to make soon...Power amp + cab choice?

Well right now I have a Laney AOR 30 pro tube combo... And I need to retube it. But this is Edinburgh, and once I get the tubes, I'd have to wait about 2 weeks without the amp to have it rebiased. Yipee. That is if I even CAN bring to the store. Or even get the tubes as I can only use paypal.

Or...

I could sell it locally, get about 250 pounds for it, and with the rest of the money (I should have 350 pounds maybe?) buy a 2X12 and a poweramp.
    Now that's where I need you guys' help hehe... Where would I be able to get this for cheap? I have a preamp already, it's a POD 2.0. The poweramp wouldn't even need to be that powerful, hell even 10W would be enough for me.

Also, what's the main difference between a 1X12 and a 2X12..? For bedroom use am I just better off with the smallest one in size? Or do 2X12 just sound better?
    Thanks people...

Re: Possible decision to make soon...Power amp + cab choice?

What kind of music are you going to be playing?
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Mostly everything, but at bedroom level solely I think.

And I hadn't thought it through when I made this thread, if I sell my AOR I'll get a LC15R which is way smaller in size and has all the features I want

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre
        Mostly everything, but at bedroom level solely I think.

And I hadn't thought it through when I made this thread, if I sell my AOR I'll get a LC15R which is way smaller in size and has all the features I want

i'm going to the store tomorrow, to ask if they will get both the lc15 and the lc15r .. cos i'm getting the reverb one.

i think that would be a good amp for ya

Comment

Hehe and I KNOW it will be, I tried it loads of time, it really is a ****ing kickass combo.

Comment

Working...
          X