The Bogner is Mine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bogner is Mine!

Well I pulled the trigger on the Shiva one 12 combo. I was trying to hold out to get a head, but I just felt the price on this was as good as it was going to get. An expensive day to say the least... My wife and I went out and bought a new washer and dryer. After that I said lets make a quick stop at the music store. The Shiva I had played thru 2 weeks ago was marked down 700$ less than the price I had initally seen it for (which was over priced). This price was good and the Amp sounds awesome. I really haven't had it home more than a few hours, but the little bit I did play thru it was really sounding good. A little difficlt to dial in a clean sound, but the OD channel is incredible. This is the amp I have been waiting for I can't wait to spend some time really dialimg it in The cleans are right there with the Plexis....... The OD is a Plexi on Steroids
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Re: The Bogner is Mine!

You a lucky man! I'm biding my time until I stumble across a head (EL-34 with reverb) that I can't turn down. Keep us posted with a follow up review once you've spent more time with it.
    PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
    PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
    GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
    Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
    Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
    various pedals

Comment

sweet man!
      Gibson Les Paul Custom
      Jackson RR5
      Fender Strat MIM
      Marshall DSL 50
      Marshall 1960A 4x12

Comment

I love these amps. They're like EL-34 modeling clay. My pickup choice is really staying in the vintage vibe, so I like having a Bogner to breathe tube life into them at full volume....then use the guitar's volume to make everything touch sensitive. They really take to overdrives well, so the gain is unlimited.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

just wait 'til i get my paws on those knobs next saturday, then we'll see what that little guy can do {evil laugh} hehehehehehehehe

congrats Dave, enjoy it...it's about damn time!!

-Mike
          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I just want to say thanks to Gearjonser and the Chris. I read all their posts regarding Bogners. I had played one a while ago and should have bought that one but timng is everything.... it wasn't the right time. This one is ready to Rock!
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Dave I know you've been looking at these for a while...congrads bro. enjoy it!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Congrats, you should be tone heaven now.
                Originally posted by tone4days
                we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

If you get a chance, plug it into a 4-12 Celestion cab. It's a religious experience, with a Les Paul at full volume. A strat into a Shiva sounds like Jimi on steroids.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Sounds Great Dave!! A Night and day difference from the VRRI you where looking into. We gotta get another Jam Happ'in so everyone can show off there new toys.
                    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Congrats!! What a deal!

Iīd like to check this one out too.
                      Originally posted by Guitarist
                      Honestly, I like Scott's words. "There is a rhythm to life. Ride the waves."

And keep in mind that while nothing lasts forever, nothing is lost.
                      http://soundcloud.com/adrian-czarnecki/tracks

Comment

Nice score Bludave!

I'm not going to hype up the amp like I've done with other amps in the past (sometimes it takes time to find faults in amps), but the Shiva is a fantastic amp with a very unique voice that some will love and others will hate. The 1X12'' combo is great and I really like the voicing of the Celestion Lead 80 that Bogner uses in it (in fact, I'm looking to buy one to replace one of the Vintage 30s in my 2x12'').

The clean channel is a bit "rough" sounding for the Fender/Vox crowd (which is where I came from, so I'm with you on that one Dave ). It's a very cool, compressed clean plexi sort of vibe. The overdrive was what sold me on it and now I've finally warmed up to the clean channel where I can't imagine wanting anything differently for my style of music (which ranges from acoustic rock to pop rock and pop punk type stuff).

The Shiva makes me happy so I'm done looking at other amps. I'm sure there is stuff that has a killer overdrive channel with a clean channel that is more Fender-esque (probably something like the Carr Slant 6V, Aiken Sabre or CAA OD-100) but I just love the Shiva for what it is and I'm happy with it.

It's funny how I see on the Gear Page how many people sell their Shivas for other boutique flavors of the month and end up going back to it. That pretty much tells me right there that it is an amp that's pretty special.

The nice thing I like about the Shiva is that the amp sounds good no matter what volume you set it at. The 80w amp can get better sounds at lower volumes than my 30w Crate V32 Palomino. Since the overdrive sounds great at lower volumes, you can crank the clean channel and the overdrive channel can actually balance with the cleans and still pull off good lead tones with the boost (although something like the boost volume pot mod would be nice, I'm going to get a Keeley Katana to see if that'll work for when I need "a little extra" live).
                        Originally posted by kevlar3000
                        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                        Originally posted by Zerberus
                        Better is often the enemy of good
                        Originally posted by ginormous
                        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Nice score Bludave, just be sure to put up some clips soon enough!
                          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                          • G&L Tribute Comanche
                          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Congratulations on the expansion of your family.
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

The Shiva is THE most toneful amp I have ever heard!

I was sooo close to buying one when I happened upon my Marshall for a price cheaper than dirt. Otherwise I was soooo close on the Shiva.

The clean can do Jazz and the Distortion is something no digital effect will ever reach. I shopped like mad, and frankly prefer the Shiva to the Ecstasy. Plus the Shiva is sooo easy to dial, like an old Marshall!

The FX loop is a slightly lame issue on these, but hey it has one!

Lock up your house, I might jack you!
                              1973 Les Paul Standard
                              1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
                              X