• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my Ghia Clone

All I can say is I'm in love with this amp 20 hours and 230.00 bucks

Re: Finished my Ghia Clone

Looks *****in'.. I'd love to try that someday
    Guitars- Melancon, Paul Reed Smith
    Effects- Line 6, EMMA, Xotic, EB, Dunlop, Fulltone, Voodoo Labs, Analog Man, Boss
    Amp- Fender
    Originally posted by Skullkrusher
    After comparing the 17inch and 15inch models side by side........I decided to go with the 15inch. The 17inch was nice, but I think it was a bit too big. Anyway........

Comment

how's it sound? it must get some really sweet sag from that small 5Y3 rectifier, leads on that thing should be a dream!
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Which kit and how about some sound clips? Looks very nice BTW!
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Quencho092
          how's it sound? it must get some really sweet sag from that small 5Y3 rectifier, leads on that thing should be a dream!
          Yes, it sounds like a dream. I can't describe the sound. It is really a different sounding amp. With a Tele it is unreal What surprised me was the clean headroom with only 18 watts

No kit. Just a Hammond AO-35 schematic and a bunch of parts. This is what DR. Z used to create the Carmen Ghia BTW.

Comment

That looks pretty sweet! I may get myself a clone kit once the funds allow me..
            Current Guitars: 2016 Gibson SG Special 70's Tribute, 2016 Gibson Classic Goldtop
            Current Amp: Mesa/Boogie Mark V > 2x12
            Current Effects Pedal: PettyJohn Chime, Fulltone Clyde, EQD Grand Orbiter, Empress VMSD
            Current G.A.S: moar Les Pauls - The list just keeps changing!

Comment

Working...
            X