Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Noise Suppressor?

Originally posted by the_Chris
    No, I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong and I don't want somebody to purchase that pedal thinking it's good (my buddy had it and it was terrible). HUSH the pedal is absolutely useless unless you like having it completely rob your natural guitar tone.

I used to have a rackmount Super-C and it worked pretty well (it definitely wasn't garbage like you're thinking), but not as good as the modern day suppressors like the Boss NS-2 and ISP Decimator. I noticed that sustain could be cut off with the Super-C if it wasn't dialed in very carefully and that's even true with the modern stuff, but the NS-2 and the Decimator both do a good job with much less tweaking than the older stuff.
    Ok il take your word for it
    Cornford Hellcat
    Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
    Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
    Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
    Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Re: Best Noise Suppressor?

If your experiments with your NS-2 don't pan out, go to the store and see if they carry an MXR Smart Gate--that thing is good. But, like any other noise gate, it will process your tone. I'm not saying this is bad 'cause if you want your original notes to not get cut off in high-gain situations, this pedal WILL work.

I've got solid state and in-line or looped, the pedal sounded the same to me.

Comment

Working...
      X