banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite distortion/OD/fuzz pedal?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your favorite distortion/OD/fuzz pedal?!

My favorite pedal by far is the Clay Jones OD. Out of the list you made, the SFX-03 looks pretty interesting
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I found The Distortion Pro to be to fizzy, not enough muscle, just gain!

I enjoy my 1st issue Bixonic Expandora as well!
      Guitars- Melancon, Paul Reed Smith
      Effects- Line 6, EMMA, Xotic, EB, Dunlop, Fulltone, Voodoo Labs, Analog Man, Boss
      Amp- Fender
      Originally posted by Skullkrusher
      After comparing the 17inch and 15inch models side by side........I decided to go with the 15inch. The 17inch was nice, but I think it was a bit too big. Anyway........

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        msawitzke, you should spend some time at The Amp Shop (Splash Sound), at the corner of Ventura Blvd/Woodman. They carry all the hippest new pedals, so I go in there once in awhile.
        I've been there...the owner guy kinda bugs me, but I like Tina and the younger guy from bass exchange. True Tone has a good selection of pedals, too...they're kinda jerks too, come to think of it!

Comment

i usually dont use a distortion pedal but i have a boss OD-1 that i use to dirty up my little marshall on the clean channel because it gets a completely different sound out of it. its more of a garage/messy type of sound thats good if you wanna blast it

Comment

Over the years I have only used a few and the few I have used all worked well.
            Rat............... more like a fuzz than a distortion.

Boss Super OD............ I used this pedal for about 7 years and never had any cause to change it....... with a good tube amp it workd real well.

Ibanez TS9 RI..................... I use this today with my Super Reverb and it is one of the best OD pedals I have used.

Ibanez TS9 modded bt Stratdeluxer97.............. Johns mods simply put make this awesome pedal................. Better.

Th stock TS9 RI is a really good OD, but Johns mods makes it a little more throaty and it has more bottom. It makes it different and IMO for what I do its a great upgrade to an already great pedal.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Here's my fave pedals:

OD: This is a joint decision between my early Fulltone Fulldrive II (no 3 way switch, just push/pull for Comp Cut) and my G2D Custom Overdrive

Distortion: The Only pedals I have which qualify as distortion pedals are my Spina Modded Tubescreamer (I use it with more gain than my OD's, so i'd class it as Distortion) or my EMMA ReezaFRATzitz.

Fuzz: I Own both a Russian Big Muff and an EMMA ReezaFRATzitz and the EMMA is definitely my favourite over the Big Muff

Comment

I don't have a lot of experience with fuzz/distortion pedals, but I had an original ProCo Rat once, and something else, so long ago I can't remember. My John Spina modified DS-1 is the first distortion pedal that did what I wanted. Nice ballsey crunch. Lots of depth and character. Great pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                  I don't have a lot of experience with fuzz/distortion pedals, but I had an original ProCo Rat once, and something else, so long ago I can't remember. My John Spina modified DS-1 is the first distortion pedal that did what I wanted. Nice ballsey crunch. Lots of depth and character. Great pedal.
                  I might have to pick up a DS-1 some day. It is so ubiquitous it seems like I should at least give it a shot...

Comment

A basic Boss SD1 fufills all my tasks out of about 5 other pedals ive tried, it adds that little bit extra to your tone without ruining it. I love it u can use it as a boost or for a gritty clean sound or for plain overdrive.
                    PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
                    1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
                    Blackstar HT-5
                    2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
                    Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

Barber Burn Unit

2 channel distortion. Legendary. Absolutely lives up to the hype. In a class by itself. Sounds like a real amp.

Have tried or owned most of the hi end boutique distortions. David Barber has the best ears as far as I'm concerned.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
                      buggjuice.net
                      MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Not that I have a huge amount of OD experience, but I'd have to say that the sound in my head turned out to be a Spina-modded TS-9. And when I boost it with a BYOC ranger clone, it's devil trumpets and angel horns. Just my two cents.

Comment

That Fox Rox Captain Coconut and Fuzz Foot pedals - WOW
                          Sounds like a recording, only it's right there in front of you!
                          1973 Les Paul Standard
                          1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Comment

Rat2
                              My Gear:
                              Kramer USA Baretta II;Ibanez RG550 (MIJ)
                              Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 50watt 1x12" Combo
                              Boss GT-3;ProCo Rat2;DOD 250 Overdrive/Preamp;DOD 201 Phaser;DOD FX-90 Delay

Pickups Used:
                              TB-12 Screamin' Demon;TB-4 JB;SH-10 Full Shred;SH-5 Custom;TB-1 '59;TB-6 Distortion

Comment

I custom modified my Boss BD-2, and I've gotta say . . . it's one of the best pedals I've ever played . . .
                                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X