Amp Guru's - Some Boogie guts questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Guru's - Some Boogie guts questions

For anyone who is interested, here are some pictures of the guts of my Boogie Rectoverb: Photobucket

I have a question about where the bias resistor is located on this amp. I read on some site that this one person's Boogie had a 22k bias resistor. Looking around, all the resistors had 5 bars - 4 colored and a tolerance bar. What's that all about? There are also those 2 ubiquitous (sp?) looking things (they might be resistors) on the PCB below the power tubes. Would those be the bias resistors? I only took shots around the filter caps because that's where the bias resistor was with the aforementioned person's Boogie. My plan is to install a potentiometer and resistor in series so that I can bias this amp properly. I'm still waiting for those parts to come in, but in the mean time what am I supposed to remove?

Many thanks,

Eric
    woooooo

Re: Amp Guru's - Some Boogie guts questions

[/QUOTE]
    I have a question about where the bias resistor is located on this amp. I read on some site that this one person's Boogie had a 22k bias resistor. Looking around, all the resistors had 5 bars - 4 colored and a tolerance bar. What's that all about? [/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure that five colour band resistors are used when you need the tolerance to be very accurate like under 5% or so

but im not 100% sure

Comment

Working...
    X