Recto Pre/2:100 vs. Recto head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recto Pre/2:100 vs. Recto head

Hey guys...Just generally speaking, any ideas how the recto pre running into say the recto 2:100 power amp would compare to a "normal" Recto head (lets say a 3 channel in this case)? Mainly in terms of accuracy of being able to reproduce the "Recto tone" and thump that you can *feel* when the master is cranked?

MJ
    EMB Audio Remote and Pedal Wahs: www.facebook.com/EMBaudio

Re: Recto Pre/2:100 vs. Recto head

Originally posted by Monty-Jay
    reproduce
    It reproduces nothing, it is a Rectifier.

The clean channel is improved over the 3ch's clean, and sports a third mode that's really fat and bassy (ala MkI). The second channel sounds exactly like channel 2 on any Recto.....it doesn't have that crazy presence knob that's on the 3rd channel. The 2:100 does not have a tube rectifer or the the spongy variac options.

I've heard some people comment that the pre/power setup all-around sounds better than a the head....I feel that you probably couldn't tell the difference between them in a mix, but the clean channel is definatly improved IMO.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Good God man, How much power do you need? the 2:100 is way more power amp than what most people really need. Honesst;y, I'd look long and hard at a 50/50. Shoot, I'm going down from my 50/50 to a 20/20 because even the 50/50 has so much power it hurts.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
        Good God man, How much power do you need? the 2:100 is way more power amp than what most people really need. Honesst;y, I'd look long and hard at a 50/50. Shoot, I'm going down from my 50/50 to a 20/20 because even the 50/50 has so much power it hurts.

The 50/50 sounds nothing like the 2:100.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
        X