Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Rid...

Thanks for waking me up bro! What was I thinking

After many more tests at various volumes, I found the AVT-50 fizzy and annoying and got really depressed trying to search for a modelling/hybrid wannabe amp.

So I put all the useless gear I have for sale, hoped into my car, drove to my favorite Traynor dealer and lifted a near mint YCV50 for the price of a regular one.

And I'm in HEAVEN!

The YCV50 have EH EL34 tubes and I like em better than 6L6. Creamier. And since it has a master volume instead of a presence like the Wine Red version, you can really cook the preamp tubes buy cranking the channel volume while keeping a reasonable room volume with the Master.

This calls for a clip... I'll be back in the clip section soon

What the heck, this deserves a whole bunch of bananas!

Hum... sorry

Cheers bro!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

Re: Hey Rid...

Ah most cool, I have heard nothing but praise about that amp
    Will look forward to a clip
    Congrats....and please keep it for sometime now
    Niels

Comment

Yeah, my old guitar teacher used to praise Traynor amps. They're hard to find over here though, nobody seems to stock them.

Glad you're happy with the amp
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Excellent! That's a great bang for the buck amp. The master volume was one of the deciding factors for me also.
        Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Thanks guys. Well, obviously, since these are made in Canada, there are plenty of them here.

And no, this one will go nowhere, I plan to bring it 6 feet under with me

I still have testing to do but I really think this is as close as I can get to my personal holy grail. This is the perfect hard rock tone for me.

Next item on my list now is a SM57 mic to capture this amazing tone.

Comment

Just remembered...lol I am getting old
            Tried one a few months ago, it was like a Plexi Marshall in some ways
            The drive was really good, dark and with a good bite, just how we love it

Comment

I also think it's quite plexi-like. It's in a spot somewhere between a Plexi and a JCM-800. Plenty of gain when cranked... creamy and dark. VERY nice

What I wonder now is what bridge pickup I'll choose for this amp. I have the impression a JB would be very nice with it. Or a 59, which is ALWAYS nice. Maybe a Custom too.

Comment

Yours have the V-30 speaker??
                I think it is one of the few amps that sounds nice with that one

Comment

Working...
                X