Randall solidstate overdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall solidstate overdrive

I was wandering what a solidstate Randall amps' distortion/gain/overdrive/sheer coolness sounded like.

I've never seen one in the store (or maybe I have but at the time I wasn't curious) so I didn't try it.

Any help 'preciated .

Re: Randall solidstate overdrive

Mine sounds pretty damn good and I just have the combo. I'm really looking to try out the new G3 series, though. I've been looking to go towards tube lately, but I also want some solid state, so I've been very curious.

But yeah, Randall SS overdrive sounds good, though. A lot of people use them around here so I like the tone a lot.
    Agile 3000 Prestige (Stock Neck, Duncan Custom Bridge)
    Agile AL2500 (Stock)
    D'Addario .013-.056 Jazz Mediums
    Dunlop Tortex Jazz 1.14
    Randall RG100SC
    B52 AT412a

www.myspace.com/adaminozorz
    www.myspace.com/asangelsmourn (my band)

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson Distortion
      I was wandering what a solidstate Randall amps' distortion/gain/overdrive/sheer coolness sounded like.....
      Ever heard of Pantera or White Zombie?
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Superjoint Ritual
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

The combos are killer. I fiddled around with one, can't remember the model but it's a new one, and it wasn't fizzy/crappy like a lot of people say Solid-State stuff is.

Scott Ian (Anthrax) also mixes tubes with Solid-State.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
            Ever heard of Pantera or White Zombie?
            I've heard recordings of a Randall, but I just want to get anyone who has played through one and could maybe compare it to other common overdrives.

Comment

Another band: DOWN!

The Randall solid state overdrive tone is superior to other brands. I just sounds "right"! I just love my Randall combo. It is great sounding from medium overdrive to full-on scooped distortion. The "contour" knob dials in the mids, or cuts them. Along with the great un-fizzy mega crunch, this feature is the most powerful knob on my combo.

I really do not know if it compares. It seems superior to floor pedals too! The only od/dist pedal I ever got more than two weeks use out of was my old Boss SD-1 (twenty years +). This amp blows all high gain pedals to hell because it is so natural/real/musical.
              Last edited by Sludgenutz; 02-25-2006, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X