best way to sell an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to sell an amp

I have an Marshall MG250dfx solid state combo that I'm looking to sell.. I didn't put this in the trading post because I'm just looking for advice.. what's the best way to sell a heavy combo?.. I don't think people will buy this amp for say 300 dollars on ebay and 75 dollars for shipping so what are other good ways to sell an amp and get your moneys worth?
    Last edited by rainsong86; 02-23-2006, 11:24 PM.

Re: best way to sell an amp

burn it

Comment

Bring it to a Local shop, And see if they will sell it for you on Consignment. Your not gonna get top dollar for it. But it's the best way to Unload it.
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

eBay almost always brings the best prices.
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Do an ebay advanced search for completed listings and you'll get an idea of what people are willing to pay for them.
          Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Craigslist.com is a good way to sell things locally.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
            My Music

Comment

Originally posted by rainsong86
              I have an Marshall MG250dfx solid state combo that I'm looking to sell.. I didn't put this in the trading post because I'm just looking for advice.. what's the best way to sell a heavy combo?.. I don't think people will buy this amp for say 300 dollars on ebay and 75 dollars for shipping so what are other good ways to sell an amp and get your moneys worth?
              The guitar shop here you can take your stuff in, set a price, sell it in the store, if a person is interested and makes an offer, lower than your asking price, the store will phone you and ask. If they meet your asking price the store will sell it and you can go pick up your money. This would be a good idea if your local guitar shop sells Marshall MG250's because you could set yours up beside theirs and as long as not having a warranty doesn't turn them off there's a good chance they'll buy the used one.

Edit: cragslist is a good way too.

Comment

Where do you live and how heavy is the damn thing? $75 sounds awfully high for ground fed ex shipping. I'm in TX and sending a 1x12 amp to either coast runs about 35 bucks.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

i shipped a jcm 800 combo which was 75 lbs or so all packaged up, insured for more than it would cost to replace it and it cost me about $40

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
                    Craigslist.com is a good way to sell things locally.
                    +1
                    :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

It's an MG. I'm with Grandor, burn it.
                      Fender Guitars ~ Marshall Amps ~ Seymour Duncan Pickups

Match Made in Heaven

Comment

Try an ad in your local fish wrap. Myl ocal paper has a super saver ad thats free for anything $250 or less for 5 days. You might see what your local paper offers. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X