Mic into guitar effects pedal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic into guitar effects pedal???

Hey guys, just wondering if it is safe to put a mic into a Boss GT-8 effects pedal...anyone done this? Or even with a similar pedal unit??
    Danny Jenkins
    Metal Official Band Page - Facebook
    motiongraphics.com.au

Re: Mic into guitar effects pedal???

Really? ah well...so I wont hurt anything if I try it?
    Danny Jenkins
    motiongraphics.com.au

Comment

Should be okay. Years ago I modded a chorus pedal to use with a Shure high-impedance mic. I was using the mic on my acoustic guitar, and later found out that I could use the effect on my voice, as well. You may have to "pad" the front-end of the pedal, as oftentimes the mic output is too hot, and the effect will distort.

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Use a Hi-Z mic.
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

It'll be fine. My vocalist does that.

Comment

If you have a mixer with an insert loop I'd put it there. I have a (stomp) Boss digital delay in my vocal loop...works great.

Comment

I have run vocals through my J-station for compression and delay. I just make sure I have the cabinet emulation set to "none". I have also run vocals through a Boss PS-2 (Phaser) and have gotten some good "No Quarter" effects.
              "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Awesome At The Drive-In video where Cedric uses effects pedals (not EQ's) into a microphone (during the verses).

Comment

Yeah, the singer in a friends band decided to put his mic through the guitarists board to see what happened... Sort of odd, seeing as he uses a bunch of weirdo ring mods, fuzzes, delays and surfy reverbs... spacey!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the replies! Now all I need to do is learn how to sing!
                    Danny Jenkins
                    motiongraphics.com.au

Comment

Working...
                    X