Peavey Valve king

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valve king

Hi, does any one have any clips of the valve kings natural distortion? its a very cheap head and i wanna know if this is refelcted in the sound quality, i'm thinkin of gettin the head to play through a marshall 1922 amp so i get that nice thumpy sound but using a marshall PB-100 to control that 100 watt tube volume for in my house without losing the tone....Any comment ont his set up or mayb even a better cab are appreciated BUT clips even more so !

Re: Peavey Valve king

Here you go, just posted this yesterday. Quick note, there is even more gain on tap with the gain and volume boost engaged and this is a 1x12 combo run through a 2x12 cab. Not a bad little amp especially for the price. Some of the short comings of the line would be:

1.Big lag in swiching between the channels with foot switch or from amp.
    2.Cheap hardware used, small transformers, plastic jacks, etc.. don't think that it's gig worthy.
    3.Don't really like the boost function as it tends to get a bit buzzy sounding...preamp gain.
    4.Not really applicable if you get the head, but the stock speaker just plain stinks.
    5.Reverb is so-so
    6.Taper on pots is kind of annoying, segmented into thirds.
    7.A weak 50 watts(I'm thinking more like 35 to 40 really), I would assume that the 100 watter would be similar. But pay in mind that 40 watts is pretty freaking loud as well.

+'s
    1.Good tubes stock, Sovtek 6l6WXT's and EH12ax7's
    2.Very simple to dial in your tone
    3.Lot's of tones locked in this amp, very versatile.
    4.Cheap and looks cool!

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...075#post798075
    Last edited by JumpMarine; 02-24-2006, 06:20 PM.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Re: Peavey Valve king

I loved the Valveking when i tried it, enough to buy one as a backup for my 5150, though i havent bought one, but if i was going to buy a backup it would be a valveking, no doubt.
      Cornford Hellcat
      Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
      Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
      Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
      Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Working...
      X