Question on G12T-75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on G12T-75

Hey everybody! I was just wondering if anyone has any experience using a G12T-75 in an open back cab. I was thinking of putting one into a 1x12 amp, which will be paired with a 1x12 cab loaded with a Vintage 30.

Will the G12T-75 compliment the Vintage 30 well? If anyone has any recommendations on another speaker I am up for suggestions.
    I am playing mostly blues, classic rock and some metal. Thanks for your time.
    - Fender Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan Antiquity Surfer pickups
    - 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Jimmy Page set

Re: Question on G12T-75

bump
    - Fender Vintage Hot Rod '62 Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan Antiquity Surfer pickups
    - 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Jimmy Page set

Comment

Well I hate the G12T75 so much that I can't really be objective about it. All my experiances with it are mostly negative, including closed back and open back. In a closed back 2x12, it's less empty in the mids, compared to open backed or closed back 4x12 use. I can say that the Classic Lead 80, or the G12-65 would be better choices in an open back cab, if you need that much power handling and versatility. Less ice pick potential and no bland generic tone through the midrange compared to the 75.

Comment

I have the G12T/V30 combo in my 4x12 closed back cabinet. I love the combination...but haven't ever tried it in an open back.
        Last edited by mr breaker; 02-28-2006, 01:27 PM.
        thereveling.com

Comment

i also had some experience with the speaker, my teacher has a yamaha combo, which has two of them and sometimes it sounds great, good low end and bright sparkle cleans... but sometimes i feel they miss something... and i dont know what. what i can tell you is that they feel bright.
          JJ
          And Heavy Metal For All...

Comment

Working...
          X