Dumb question mayb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question mayb ?

RIGHT i cant decide whether to buy a peavey xxl and i have to decide without the option of trying one out, i am considering the combo but i was wondering if the combo can be wired up to a cab such as the marshall 1922 and if so does the amps sound just come out of the cab or will it come from both cab and amp which would be great......OR would you recomend i just buy the xxl head to use with the cab i like alot of boom in my sound for chunky palm mutes and i don't know if the peavey combo would provide that on its own which is why i want to use the cab aswell.......

Long question i know!

Re: Dumb question mayb ?

Going for a head and cab combo is the best in my opinion. The cabinet you get will color the tone from the amp alot, so you can find the best cabinet that goes with the head. From there you can also customize the speakers in the cabinet also. Another thing is head and cab combos are easier to carry on your own.

The question on an cab connected to a amp, sound comes from both the amp and cab at the same time.
    Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
    Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
    Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
    Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
    Fender Frontman 15g
    Cry Baby
    Boss DS-2
    Boss CE-3
    Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply, so does that mean that if the sound is coming from the amp combo and cab that it would mean that i am getting 200watts of power or is the power shared so its still the 100 watts but through four speakers ?

Comment

Yup it shares the 100w of power output. Having more speakers just add a effect of increased volume, but it really just an increase in the spread of volume which is much larger.
        Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
        Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
        Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
        Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
        Fender Frontman 15g
        Cry Baby
        Boss DS-2
        Boss CE-3
        Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Working...
        X