Ur favorite 10" speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ur favorite 10" speakers

I'm looking to switch out the speaker in my VC2110. I've been looking at Weber and Eminence mainly- but I'm open. The (Eminence) Ramrod and Ragin' Cajun look good to me.

What do you like in a 10"?

Re: Ur favorite 10" speakers

I love those Jensens, some where used in ENGL cabs from their Classic series, pretty good ones.

Comment

bumpin'

Comment

Great question - I love 10's. Way better than 12's. No suggestions though. Seems the rest of the world favors 12.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

my first response would be the Jensen RIs that Fender uses in the Bassman RI (P10Qs?), although I haven't shopped 10s in a while.

At NAMM, when I was with Lew testing all the Eminence, the Ragin' Cajun was the best of the lot, IIRC. Lew can tell you. He is also very familiar with the Webers, since he and Bruce helped with the development process, I believe.

nothin' wrong with 10s, BTW... focused, tight, and more bass than a lot of players think till they try 'em.
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

I've got a Weber Cali series 10" In my Princeton. A very cool speaker. it's ted's take on a JBL D-110. It's a very uncolored speaker, It sounds like what ever is coming outta your amp.
            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Tight, punchy bass is what I'm looking for...that's why I have been leaning toward the Eminence Ramrod (decent price too).

Something else I just noticed. The Club 20 can uses a 16 ohm speaker. A lot of what I've been looking at are only available in 8 ohm ratings, except for the Webers.

Comment

I think the question might be, what is the usual impedence load for the amp?

since I'm not really familiar with that amp, I'll just say that some amps are more forgiving of mismatches than others.
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

hard to find 10" in 16 or 4...that's one good thing about Ted's stuff -he will build you just about anything you want if it's doable.

Comment

I love my Eminence Ramrod in my LC15. It added a touch of darkness and breaks up quite easily. Highly recommended.
                    Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
                    Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

Working...
                    X