banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got an amp kit... Help me design it :D. PIMP MY AMP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got an amp kit... Help me design it :D. PIMP MY AMP!

It's simple but I actually have great projects for it. I'll probably upgrade it with a graphic EQ that I'd get from a pedal if I have room for it.
    But mostly I was thinking about building a cabinet for it with a little 8'' speaker and make it a little DIY champ. When I get to know more about amps I'll probably try to make it voice more like a Twin Reverb, maybe add a gain stage. I'll keep it simple, BUT make it more complicated that's how us French people think (and NO I won't give up )

However... If anyone's good with photoshop (or paint? ), I wouldn't mind some design help, and good suggestions for a 8''. The speaker needs to be decent, not amazing. Same for the cab, should I just use Pine Plywood?

Thanks for ANY suggestions, no matter how silly
    Last edited by Pierre; 02-28-2006, 04:01 PM.

Re: So I got an amp kit... Help me design it

sweet
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Re: So I got an amp kit... Help me design it . PIMP MY AMP!

Bump...

Comment

Pink.

There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

1st thing, My German is a Lil' rusty So I have no Idea what kind of amp your building? 2nd, What kind of Graphic EQ are you planning to incorporate into this amp. It would/should have to be passive as I don't see away to power say a 9volt circuit from the amp internally? 3rd) Your aware of the lethal voltage inside a tube amp, Correct? The only French fry I wanna hear about are the ones at my local Burger King/Micky D's. So Be careful.Have fun with it!
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I shall thanks.
            I was thinking a standard 5 band, maybe 3 if room is scarce. And yeah, passive I guess. Basically instead of having just the 3 usual mid/bass/treble controls, have it in EQ. Good point about the pedal though... Could I not just power it using the power in the amp if I were to add it up?
            Eh I don't understand German at all haha let me link you to another page:

Also what do you guys recomend I use for the enclosure? I'll do like a minihead.

Comment

It is pretty much what it is. Build it up as it was meant to be first, enjoy it, then turn it into something it's not.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
              X