banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engl Score!!! Partner for my Screamer 50!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Engl Score!!! Partner for my Screamer 50!

very cool looking setup. i hope it works well for you!

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees
      Where's the first gig? I used to be stationed at Boulmer and my second daughter was born in Ashington! Your setup looks superb.
      Wow!!! small world stevie!!! First gig's in Hexham, 2nd in Morpeth. I take it you are/were RAF mate??? When was your little girl born - you might have been in hospital at the same time my little ones were born!!!!!
      GUITARS
      STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
      AMPS
      Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Originally posted by OlinMusic
        I have only heard the power ball thru 4x12 v30s. How would that rig hang?
        Well, It's more 'vintage' voiced than a Powerball, but still plenty hot!! If I need a bigger sound, I can run the Screamer through my Marshall 4x12's (I kept 'em - you never know when they might come in handy!!!!!!!! ).
        GUITARS
        STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
        AMPS
        Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE
          very cool looking setup. i hope it works well for you!

-Mike
          Thanks Mike. PM me 'bout th ESP when you get a minute - regardless of your desicion, cheers!!!!
          GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

hows that screamer 50 sound? could you give liek a general description of it and for like what music you play? im torn between getting a higher gain amp like the screamer (been lookin at it on ebay for a while) or a nice bluesy amp like a fender deluxe reverb or similar. ( i tend to play both styles often) hows the cleans on the screamer too?

oh and nice tuner btw.
            [SIZE=1]Guitars:
            Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
            Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
            Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
            Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
            Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Comment

Originally posted by slash857
              hows that screamer 50 sound? could you give liek a general description of it and for like what music you play? im torn between getting a higher gain amp like the screamer (been lookin at it on ebay for a while) or a nice bluesy amp like a fender deluxe reverb or similar. ( i tend to play both styles often) hows the cleans on the screamer too?

oh and nice tuner btw.
              The Screamer is a very versatile amp. It's not ultra high gain, but enough for blues, rock and metal with ease. The clean channel is almost Fender like while the gain channels are almost hot rodded Marshall tones. Probably the only style this amp can't do is the scooped nu-metal thing, which I don't play anyway. With the Z5 footswitch you get access to 4 channels each with boost and switchable reverb. The more I play it, the more I love it especally now with the extension cab. The extra cab really opens up the amp. Played a gig with the new setup last night and it was amazing - great low end thats not too tight and thick, creamy tone in spades
              BTW, this sucker is LOUD!!!!!

Nice tuner too LOL!!!!!
              GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

Screamer 50s are one hell of an amp in my opinion. I love the tones Marinblues gets out of his. High gain yet not modern sounding. GGreat cleans too.
                Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                PRS McCarty STD
                '71 Gibson SG Custom
                Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                Vox AD15VT

Comment

I've got the Screamer 50 head sitting atop a Mesa 4x12 cab. It's a great sound, but I don't own the cab and I don't know if I'll be able to use it for gigs, so I've been thinking about buying my own cab. Is it really worth it to go with an Engl cab? Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_L
                    I've got the Screamer 50 head sitting atop a Mesa 4x12 cab. It's a great sound, but I don't own the cab and I don't know if I'll be able to use it for gigs, so I've been thinking about buying my own cab. Is it really worth it to go with an Engl cab? Hmm...
                    Lee, Engl cabs are top quality. At the time I was trying out my combo, I tested a Screamer head with 3 different 2x12 cabs - 2 Marshall 1936's (1 stock and 1 with V30's) and an Engl V30 vertical 2x12. TBH, although the Marshall with V30's wasn't too bad, the difference between the Marshall cabs and Engl was really night and day. Unless you really want to go with a 4X12, I would say go for the new Engl horizontal 2x12 or (not to knock Marshall) some other top quality cab with V30's. The voicing of Screamers is best suited to V30's IMHO as it's not as 'modern' voiced as say a Rectumfrier, Powerball etc etc.

Another option is to get 2 1x12 cabs like mine. Here's such a set up owned by a guy from the Engl forum

Last edited by Rocker35; 03-05-2006, 11:19 AM.
                    GUITARS

AMPS

Comment

hmm the screamer sounds like a really versatile amp. i def gotta check one out in the near future!
                      [SIZE=1]Guitars:
                      Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
                      Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
                      Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
                      Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
                      Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Comment

Before I got a great deal on my Diezel I had started shopping for a Screamer 50 combo. It is by far my favorite combo for jamming and gigs. I have only seen one in Texas but I will own one eventually. That is a KILLER rig you got man. I love it.
                        MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

Awesome rig!
                          Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

Working...
                          X