Pulled the trigger on a RIVERA KNUCKLEHEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled the trigger on a RIVERA KNUCKLEHEAD

Just bought a Rivera Knucklehead that was listed on ebay. I went to the shop selling it and just bought it outright. The price was right for me. after speaking to Rivera I found that the Series II I had used in the studio was not considered as open as the First Series or Reverb Series with EL34s. (I had recorded with the 6L6 model)

I normally don't buy online BUT Riveras are hard to find used. Esp these models. They have a lot of gain and this one has Reverb built in. It also cleans up well and has a sparkling clean channel.

My main love was the FS7 footswitch. It's almost like having 4 channels. Being a singer, I need a simple and effective setup that has NO tap dancing. The Fs7 allows me to dirt up either channel at the touch of my foot. I have played the EL34 model combos and they sound beautiful for country and r&b.

I am pretty EXCITED! I sold a Carvin 5 string Bass, and may even sell my Mesa MKIIB (OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO!). I do need to keep at least one combo, but I may just go for a Twin 65 RI. They come cheap used and sound HUUUUGE!

ANY THOUGHTS?
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: Pulled the trigger on a RIVERA KNUCKLEHEAD

sweet on the rivera!
    Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Jackson RR5
    Fender Strat MIM
    Marshall DSL 50
    Marshall 1960A 4x12

Comment

Is this the 55 with reverb or the 100? I've got the K-55R and it's quite simply a great amplifier. Enjoy!
      PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
      PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
      GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
      Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
      Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
      various pedals

Comment

Monstrous amp! I'm sure you'll love it!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I hear those kill. Congrats!
          Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Good for you, I dislike them at best

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
              Good for you, I dislike them at best
              Ouch!!!!
              GUITARS
              STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
              AMPS
              Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Man I have tried everything from souped up Fender amps done by Rivera, then from the TBR-1, everykind of Knucklehead, Rakes, M series stuff, R-55 and R-30 or what ever the name is, plus the R-100, Chubsters, Flubsters, Clubsters, Duarte combo and so on....I can honstely say I do not like any of them, the only one I liked just some was the M-60 top.

Comment

I'm a Rivera fan (owned a couple of Rakes). The KHs I've played haven't been voiced so much their well-built amps with great features.
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
                  My Music

Comment

it's the 100 with EL34s and it has verb

ARRIVES TUE

hmmmm I can honestly say I never liked rivera in the past. I have no clue how to set them to make them sound good. Then my friend bought one and I recorded with it (KH series 2). That changed my mind. It was so versatile and the clean was good for R&B and funk, and you can NINJA it on the fly - so I was sold.
                    1973 Les Paul Standard
                    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
                    X