Vintage Microphone question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Microphone question

Well my grandpa recently gave me an old Electro Voice model 664 dynamic cardioid microphone. Its pretty cool looking and has the chord and stand but I can't get it to work. On the base of the mic there is a 4 prong plug that leads into a cable with one 4 prong end and one mono 1/4 plug. Somehow this 4 prong setup is used to select the impedence as far as I can tell from the tiny writing on the mic and the almost nonexistant information on the net. When i plugged it into my guitar amp I got...... no sound. I messed with the on switch and no sound. When i jiggle the plug i get pops but no sound. Do you guys have any info on this mic and how to get it to work? I want to use it for recording and to mic a standup bass me and my sister built if possible. I am guessing that a connection is loose in the plug but im not certain and dont want to go to too much effort if its really broken.
    Originally posted by ratherdashing
    If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Re: Vintage Microphone question

Could it be phantom powered? If so you'd need to send 48v into it for it to work properly. Try googling the mics name to see what you can find on it.
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Comment

Working...
    X