New V32 in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New V32 in the house

Yep, I had to downsize. I got tired of dragging big amps into little clubs so I picked up one of the new Crates from the local GC. It sounds pretty good front ended with a vintage ProCo Rat and my CC loaded LP.

I'll keep the big rigs for originals/larger venue gigs but for the little pickup gig deals the V32 looks like it will be a lot of fun.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Re: New V32 in the house

i'm hearing alot of good things about them! i haven't played through one myself yet but i heard a guy tearing it up on one a couple days ago with a G&L legacy! sounded good to me!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I've heard great things about them, too. I've even considered checking out the V16 but haven't for fear I'd actually buy it.
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

You'll love it............... great tone at a reasonable volume. It walks all over the F-30 Boogie I had.
        Originally posted by tone4days
        we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill
          You'll love it............... great tone at a reasonable volume. It walks all over the F-30 Boogie I had.
          Thats high praise Bill, as I really like the F30.

Is the Crates flavor more Voxy than Marshally?
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB

Very. The El84's will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB

I couldn't get a decent blues tone out of that F-30 for nothing and I always loved Boogies. I tried the Palomino out just for sh*t and grins and it gets good tone. It gets good clean, lighly overdriven and higher gain tone where the boogie would only do clean and high gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
                Very. The El84's will do that.
                Not neccessarily, IME. Depends on the design. F30 is hardly voxy , neither is an 18W Marshall/DSL40.

Bill, agreed..F-30 is not a good "dirt" amp. Just does very well at the extremes: Cleans or high gain. That's where the F50 has it beat.

I'll have to try one of these Crates..If it's too voxy, I'll pass...but these get alot of good reviews.

Anyone know how it takes to pedals? Like say a Marshall Guv'nor?
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Try one with the Tone Tubby speaker. The V32 is just the fancy blonde with gold hardware version of the V3112 for GC. The speaker makes a world of difference. The stock one is nice, but the Tone Tubby is....OMG, it just sounds huge, like a stack is behind you but you're not killing anyone...lol. And the projection of it is incredible. It can do Marhall-like tones, no doubt about it.

Comment

I would say the clean is Vox sounding and I think the dirty is more Marshally. It takes pedals well....I use Barber stuff (LTD & Direct Drive) and a Spina modded Sparkledrive....they all sound great. The only time I had a better tone was with my original BF Deluxe Reverb although I didn't have as many tonal options. Go Try one out you may be as suprised as I was.

Comment

Welcome to the club Robert

I threw a Hellatone 30 in mine (a broken in G12H30) and I'm liking it a lot more than the stock speaker (which was a relabaled 70/80 from what I gather). It took a lot of the harshness out of the overdrive (the JJ's in there help smoothen the tone as well). Gotta say the amp is a whole lot sweeter than stock and that little amp really cooks stock.

I keep hearing about the Tone Tubby speakers in these things. Which speaker is it everyone is raving about because I just may have to break down and try this thing?
                      Originally posted by kevlar3000
                      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                      Originally posted by Zerberus
                      Better is often the enemy of good
                      Originally posted by ginormous
                      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

The ceramic tone tubby is the one that comes in the amps so im guessing thats what people like. That is the green one. They also make an alnico magnet speaker that is red and gigantic.
                        Originally posted by ratherdashing
                        If inviting 200 drunken strangers to your parents house is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Comment

Cool I am also back to my EL-84 AC-15 clone top, it has an AC-30 preamp, with vib and trem, awesome.
                          It is always good not haul too much and still get fun useable tones
                          ToneTubby...never could get anything out of those....felt dead with what ever amp I tried to use, both the green and the red ones.

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill
                            I would say the clean is Vox sounding and I think the dirty is more Marshally. It takes pedals well....I use Barber stuff (LTD & Direct Drive) and a Spina modded Sparkledrive....they all sound great. The only time I had a better tone was with my original BF Deluxe Reverb although I didn't have as many tonal options. Go Try one out you may be as suprised as I was.
                            Thanx for the info Bill...def will give one a try!

Comment

The one I tried in GC the last time I was there didn't work...but then again, I think I used the standby switch the wrong way

After hearing not so great things about the Classic 30, I think the V32 might be my new amp. And I gotta admit, it looks pretty cool too, and if it's got a Voxy/Marshally tone to it, then it'll be perfect.
                              The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
                              And Here on Bandcamp!
                              Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Comment

Working...
                              X