No announcement yet.

Power amp EL34 tubes Svetlana or JJ ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power amp EL34 tubes Svetlana or JJ ???

For my Marshall TSL 601 combo..........which one should i choose?
    this one
    Platinum Matched, selected tubes This is the very latest edition of JJ / Tesla's EL34. The sound is well balanced with tight bass response and great mids.

or

Re: Power amp EL34 tubes Svetlana or JJ ???

I have the Svets in my DSL and they sound great.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Svetlana gives more of that classic marshall tone for stuff like classic rock. They work perfectly fine for other kinds of music, but the lower end is loose. If you want a tight bass then you should go for the Svetlana Winged C's. I think JJs are supposed to sound warmer and more low end.
      Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
      Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
      Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
      Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
      Fender Frontman 15g
      Cry Baby
      Boss DS-2
      Boss CE-3
      Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Another plus for the Svetlanas.....
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I like the Svets better for sound, but the JJ may last longer, and have more bass in a combo...

Comment

I've used the JJ E34L and I can tell you its an excellent tube. tight low end and crisp sounding.

Another EL34 you can consider is the SED Winged =C= EL34. good tight lowend but open sounding at the same time. Kinda throaty/mean sounding when driven hard with highgain.

Cheers!
            www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Svetlanas have a rounder sound, and a throaty growl with a little more compression. The top is a bit more buttery.

JJ's have tight low end, clear mids and highs, and are glassier, especially on cleans. The feel is a little bit harder than the Svet, but the tone is always stellar.

It's really a flip of the coin, because both sound great. I love JJ E-34L's the most, because I've been hard pressed to find an EL-34 that sounded better.
              I'm also interested in those New Sensor Mullard EL-34's, and may go that route, next time I retube my Bogner. It has JJ EL-34's and GT12AX7C's.
              I prefer E34L's for 50W amps and EL-34's for 100W, because I don't need the extra 10% output that the E-34L's have. My amp is loud as it is...I sure don't want it louder.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

+1 Svetlana =C= EL-34's!
                Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  Svetlanas have a rounder sound, and a throaty growl with a little more compression. The top is a bit more buttery.

JJ's have tight low end, clear mids and highs, and are glassier, especially on cleans. The feel is a little bit harder than the Svet, but the tone is always stellar.

It's really a flip of the coin, because both sound great. I love JJ E-34L's the most, because I've been hard pressed to find an EL-34 that sounded better.
                  I'm also interested in those New Sensor Mullard EL-34's, and may go that route, next time I retube my Bogner. It has JJ EL-34's and GT12AX7C's.
                  I prefer E34L's for 50W amps and EL-34's for 100W, because I don't need the extra 10% output that the E-34L's have. My amp is loud as it is...I sure don't want it louder.
                  Great post as always from you GJ! Maybe the reason I Love the Svetlanas in my 1987 50 Watt Marshall is because it slightly loosens things up nice for my Classic Rock and Blues styles...Haven't tryed the JJs,but it sounds like I'm on to something all these years with the Svets? Trace likes the GT EL34LS tubes in his V Plex amps that I might try also? Trace always steers me in the right direction on my Marshall questions and on tubes and advice for my tube stuff...He has to stay on top of what tubes sound good and are reliable for his business on that level also and that helps when I ask for his recommendation...Thanks for the great post! Never expext anything less from you GJ!
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Svetlana's are currently running in my rigs..no complaints!

Jeff Seal
                    ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
                    www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

these are svetlanas winged =C= or am i wrong????

Comment

Ive gotta get some svets for my Savage
                        My Soundclick page.

Comment

Svetlanas are what comes stock in most Marshalls AFAIK and I think they give a great rock sound.

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs

http://www.banzaieffects.com/product...cat=280&page=1
                            Those are SED Winged =C= EL34s. Those ones are an excellent EL34s.

Svetlana EL34
                            SED Winged =C= EL34

Cheers
                            www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs

http://www.banzaieffects.com/product...cat=280&page=1
                              The pic above is a winged =C=, but the pic in the details is just a regular svetlana. You should contact them to make sure it's definetely winged =C= tubes. The description is also for just a regular svetlana, as mention before the winged =C= tubes have a tight low end.
                              Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
                              Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
                              Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
                              Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
                              Fender Frontman 15g
                              Cry Baby
                              Boss DS-2
                              Boss CE-3
                              Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

Working...
                              X