No announcement yet.

Rething my gear! (a lot of problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rething my gear! (a lot of problems)

Yeah that's in the process... Now I just need to find players Thanks for the help.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind though: Going to a smaller cab and speaker will make you lose some bottom end. It might not matter much, but if you play a lot of metal and hard rock (like you), you might want to be aware of that.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I have a Traynor YCV 20 (15 watts) that has great tones at bedroom levels. It cost me around $350 USD

all tube of course
        Fender Stratocaster - EMG 81/85 (camo)
        Ibanez RG550 - Invader (b)
        Taylor 110E Acoustic
        Traynor YCV 20
        Brice 5 String Jazz Bass

Comment

I agree with Benji about keeping your amp and spending more time with your modeler settings. Smaller tube amps rarely have FX loops, and even if they do, you'll lose some of the tone you're used to.

Since you're just using the Laney's power section, just keep your rig lower in volume, and work on getting the most out of your POD.

Most importantly, just work on your guitar playing, and don't get too obsessed with new gear ideas. I'll be honest, I have a lot of gear, but I only use the things I really need. I did a session Sunday in Malibu Beach and all I brought was my Vox modeling head, a strat, an acoustic, and 2 cords.
          They didn't give a crap about my gear.....they wanted me to put down tracks that were in the pocket and be done in 3 hours.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

okay the solution to your problem is the atomic 1x12 or 2x12 tube amp for the pod...might be more than you are willing to spend but try to save up...
            or sell your pedals and use the efx in the pod.

chris
            "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

You got stuff that works, just play and worry when there is really something to worry about
              Guitarplayers outhink and secondguess themselves more than anyone on this planet

Comment

Working...
              X