Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bluesbreaker anyone?

FWIW....Mojo makes a great repro cab.

Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 03-16-2006, 01:27 PM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

This has definitely gotten my interests peaked..it's a bit more than I was looking to spend as I've seen some of the reissues go for >$900 on ebay....but, it's worth a shot I imagine...and I do want one of Scott's amps, and his Edana is definitely getting KILLER reviews....
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

that is a great looking cab and would definitely be worth looking at! Now all I gotta do is get an Edana to put inside it!
        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

local shop + bluesbreaker = $2200
          Originally posted by kilphody
          There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Comment

damn man, is that an original? ebay those things aren't selling for more than $1000 most of the time...that's crazy

Here's one on ebay for about $1100 buy it now

Marshall Bluesbreaker 2x12
            Last edited by CapoFirstFret; 03-16-2006, 07:15 PM.

Comment

It sure ain't an original...not for $2200!

FWIW, even the originals are a tight fit on the tubes and it has caused little or no problmes over the past 50+ years.

Also, the trem is a love it or hate it in a Marshall of ANY kind.

Also, if you could get a reissue Marshall for 900-1100 (which is about right) or a handwired, top notch parts, killer clone of one for $1200 I would, with out a doubt get the clone...
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                It sure ain't an original...not for $2200!

FWIW, even the originals are a tight fit on the tubes and it has caused little or no problmes over the past 50+ years.

Also, the trem is a love it or hate it in a Marshall of ANY kind.

Also, if you could get a reissue Marshall for 900-1100 (which is about right) or a handwired, top notch parts, killer clone of one for $1200 I would, with out a doubt get the clone...

That's the way I'm looking at it!

Comment

I wonder how it would sound with a pair of those new Mullard EL34's in it? More plexi-ish I guess. So many possibilities.

I had them put white piping and black cloth on this 2x12 and I really liked it. The "dummies" that put the little thin piping that runs around the top didn't use white, but used the standard thin gold like on a traditional bluesbreaker. It's my personal cab so I didn't get too bent, but I thought , man, someone wasn't thinking too hard about that one...

And, the face slants back a bit like the real thing. Heavy as hell like the originals.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

after dealing with a vox ac30cc and now the super reverb...weight has become less and less an issue

Comment

Working...
                    X