Randall MTS amps - opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall MTS amps - opinions?

Anyone have any opinions on these things? I played through a 50 watt head and 2x12 cab today in one of the local music stores, using a trans black Monaco Elite. I have to say I was quite impressed. Of course, you know how things tend to sound a certain way in a music store vs. at home, practice space, live etc. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Travis; 03-16-2006, 06:48 PM.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: Randall MTS amps - opinions?

deadlink
    Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
    gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
    SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Try it now
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I like the concept but no one near me has one. check out the new george lynch head + cab, looks awesome with the dark forest alligator vinyl.
        - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
        Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
        Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
        I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

I have tried them, and think they are great. nice tone and versatillity
          Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
          gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
          SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Hey man,
            I had a chance to try the RM-4 module preamp by Randall.

It had 4 modules:
            1) Black Face - The cleans were good on it. very clean and mellow.

2) Top Boost - Very nice crunchy low gain type tones. Not very Highgain but worked excellent for AcDc/ZZ type type tones.

3) Recto - While it had a good woody thick tone, it didnt do a good job at all when used in highgain type tones. it turned muddy and flabby. For low gain stuff it was good also. Possibly different tubes would've helped.

4) Ultra Lead - Sorta marshally sounding type module. Lots of gain. Has better definition to it then the Recto module. it did the highgain a bit better, but again, when you got into the real highgain (heavy metal/thrash metal) type stuff, it couldnt hold together very well. But to my ears, it was better thtn the recto for a bit higher gain stuff anyways. Maybe different tubes in there would've helped. For lead work, this Module was an execllent one. Very good single note definition , sustain and crunch specially when cranked good. When used with neck pickup, it was smooth and held together well when playing fast lead stuff.

hope that helps!
            www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Working...
            X