Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to mod my SD1...

Using THIS website http://www.musikding.de/index.php
    I ordered their boost kit which should be here soon, so I'd like to mod my Boss SD1 to be a more transparent, less bright OD with a more valve sound.
    This website takes paypal so I can use them and they're in Europe so it's very handy to get stuff, but I have no idea what to do exactly. I know some of you guys have things to do but I simply can't ship the pedal out and get it back here I'm affraid Furthermore I just want to do it yourself.
    So if any of you is nice enough to show me some modding tricks on the SD1 along with the stuff I'd need. Ok sure it's asking quite a lot but I'm not looking for a brand new pedal, just some quick effective mods. Thanks everyone!

Re: I'd like to mod my SD1...

I can walk you through a pretty cool mod for a boss BD-2 if you're interested in that (for a couple of dollars in electrical components you can dramtically improve the sound of a BD-2) . . . never worked on the SD-1 though. You might want to try here: http://www.bossarea.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=10 There are a lot of mods pedals in that forum . . .
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Thanks dude! Having a look now.

Comment

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...hlight=SD1+mod I won't copy the picture but here it is. I'll try this mod first as it seems dead easy. Thing is, I'm trying to find a 100ohm resistor but I'm having troubles online. Is it an uncommon value? I'll go to Maplin tomorrow and see if they have the components there anyway but it's easier for me to order (cheaper too). The closest thing I can find is 100R but I don't know what the R means...

Furthermore the only 10uF cap I found on the website is this:
        http://www.musikding.de/product_info...roducts_id=216. Would that be the correct model to use for this mod?

Comment

That looks like a pretty straight forward mod . . . just don't be like me . . . first pedal I modded, I forgot to put the little piece of plastic that goes on the back of the board and keeps you from grounding your components to the chassis . . . lol. Took me like an hour to figure that out and I was sure that I fried the thing. As for the components . . . I've never used that type of capacitor before, so I can't say. I've heard that tantalum capacitors sound better than electrolytic, so that's what I usually use . ..

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Alright thanks! As long as it works eh! And well I just saw this plastic sheet and wondered what the heck it was for thanks!

Comment

No problem man, good luck. I'm sure that you'll love your newly modded pedal . . . happy soldering

Comment

I ordered the SD1 to 808 mod with the big package. Should be fun!

Comment

anybody got pictures/schematics on the DS-1 Keeley SED mod?

Comment

Check out diystompboxes.com, they have tons o' info in the forums...

Comment

Next-Generation Guitar Pedal Effects, Designed and Built in the USA

Here are pics and explanation of Keeley's Seeing Eye mod . . . from Keeley himself . . .

Comment

HOLY HELL! I ordered the package yesterday and it shipped after about 2 hours :| I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv
                          http://www.robertkeeley.com/audio6l6/dstech.html

Here are pics and explanation of Keeley's Seeing Eye mod . . . from Keeley himself . . .
                          cool... thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X