Which one?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one?!?

Big investment.... Huge. I know... I need to take my guitar, and go play different ones to see what's to my liking. Well tell me what to go test out! I'm running sh6 (b), and sh2 (n). I want something that will play hard fast and handle the lows of a 7 string with ease. I've been lookin at dual rects from mesa boogie. dual rec good idea or bad idea! hook it up! what else should I look at?
    Choice Weapons
    Bernie Rico Jr. Sinister 7 string
    B.C. Rich NJ7 Mockingbird
    Schecter Diamond Series Accoustic
    Fender 12string Accoustic

Re: Which one?!?

dual rec = good idea

also check out 5150

Rock On ~ Kac
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Dual Recto is most deffinatly a good idea if you set it up right. Kranks are also pretty awesome for sevens if Nevermore's tone on This Godless Endeavor does them any justice (which IMO it most deffinatly does).
      Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

Is 5150 a PV? If so, I've been scared sh!tless by my old roommate to buy Peavey cuz his combo was so screwed up. you couldn't come remotely close to the amp while touching the strings on the guitar without getting the shock of your life, and then also the damn thing blinked on and off all the time. I know he probably had grounding issues, but it really makes you wonder about the reliability.
        Choice Weapons
        Bernie Rico Jr. Sinister 7 string
        B.C. Rich NJ7 Mockingbird
        Schecter Diamond Series Accoustic
        Fender 12string Accoustic

Comment

first of all what does PV mean? A Dual Recto, or a Krank Krankenstein would be sweet. But i would also look into the Ashdown Fallen Angel. It was specifically designed to stay defined and atriculate when played with a 7 string or drop tuned. I play in D flat a lot of the time, and this thing as huge bottom and chunk that stays tight and defined all the time. I love my Fallen Angel.
          Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
          Warmoth Musiclander (Invader/'59 model) see display pic <---
          Jackon Pro Series Dinky w/OFR (EMG 81/60)

Marshall JCM 800 4104 (2xEminence Governor)

Visual Sound Route 808
          Boss SD-1
          Digitech Bad Monkey
          Vox V-847 wah

Comment

Dual Rectifier / 5150 / ...
            Tubescreamer in front to get rid of some bass and some compression at the right place
            RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
            TS 7 (modded)
            Hot Rod 50+ XL
            Framus Dragon 4x12
            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Engl Powerball or Savage! Doesn't get much tighter and focused than those. I can only comment on a six-string tuned to b but since that's essentially the same as the lower six strings on a seven i can tell you a powerball will sound absolutely crushing with a seven(i play mostly death/black metal; very fast and technical). Recto imo wouldn't be the best choice since i find it a bit bassy and it could start to become muddy. Engl are a bit on the bright side of the spectrum and have immensly powerful but tight bass so they should work great with a seven.
              Last edited by Loserchief; 03-26-2006, 03:02 AM.
              - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
              - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
              - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
              - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
              - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
              - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
              - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
              - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
              -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

Originally posted by Loserchief
                Engl Powerball or Savage! Doesn't get much tighter and focused than those. I can only comment on a six-string tuned to b but since that's essentially the same as the lower six strings on a seven i can tell you a powerball will sound absolutely crushing with a seven(i play mostly death/black metal; very fast and technical). Recto imo wouldn't be the best choice since i find it a bit bassy and it could start to become muddy. Engl are a bit on the bright side of the spectrum and have immensly powerful but tight baass so they should work great with a seven.
                dual rect's seem to be a little flabby on the low-end (never spent that much time with them tho) so maybe a powerball or savage would be better. from what i hear they are all around better amps then the mesa's. if your guitar has a thicker sound (i'm assuming so cause it's a 7) you'd probably want to go with a slightly brighter amp. also check out the mesa stilettos.
                - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
                Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
                Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
                I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

Working...
                X