Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ada Mp-1

Anybody else using one? If so, I totally understand why
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Ada Mp-1

I hear so many conflicting views of these.

Well, not conflicting - just some people say they are really noisy and kinda low fi. I haven't heard one in years. In the 90s I loved the Rocktron Chameleon, Voodoo, and the ADA MP1.

I'd like to hear it thru a Mesa or Marshall Power Amp.

Anyone heard the VOODOO AMPS modded versions?
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

The guy I sold my MP-1 to years ago (BTW...I dug it at the time) got it modded by VooDoo Amps and it was a notch (or 2...or 3) above what it was when I sold it to him.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

It's a little noisy if you have both gain stages cranked. I run the first one at about 3 and the second one dimed, and get no more noise than any high gain unit. I totally disagree about the lo-fi thing, though.

I had a Peavey Rockmaster, and missing it was what made me want an MP-1 (that and the hellacious deal I got). The Rockmaster has more tonal control (boost knobs, 3 channels, active EQ on the Crunch & Lead channels), but the MP-1 is way badass, nonetheless.
        Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 03-26-2006, 06:59 PM.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I've always wanted one of these ADA Preamps! But to be honest the last time i tried one out was in 1990.... i saw a guy in a club using one with a Peavey power amp/Marshall 4x12, and it rocked for him... he did an 80's hard rock tribute and it worked well... I talked to him afterwards and he said it was like a souped up Marshall with presets....

Comment

They pop up on ebay somewhat frequently, but unfortunately, they're getting kind of popular so the price is going up. Same with the Peavey Rockmasters.

Comment

I have never had a good experience with anything by Peavey.

I have heard people sound fine with 5150s and classics, but whenever I end up A/Bing or using anything Peavey against something better, I am always frustrated. God, I took a 5150 against a JCM800 once, and damn if the 800 didn't just ooze sweetness over the 5150 I was stuck with. Take the classic it's the same story.

My friend plays upright with an amazing Japanese jazz guitar player - what a monster! He was using a classic 30. I have to wonder how much better he would sound thru another amp, like a Mesa Mark 2B (which I think are amazing clean) or a Fender Deluxe.
              1973 Les Paul Standard
              1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                They pop up on ebay somewhat frequently, but unfortunately, they're getting kind of popular so the price is going up. Same with the Peavey Rockmasters.
                I remember when they used to go for peanuts. I always thought about trying one, but I'd almost always rather spend the money for a triaxis or the marshall pre(can't remember the model number)
                Speak through your fingers

Comment

Working...
                X