banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall cab, Marshall vintage speakers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall cab, Marshall vintage speakers???

They are 70 watters, but not V30's, even though they look like V30's.

If you put them next to V30's you can see the difference. They were standard issue in the late 80's in some Marshal Combo's. I have one in each of my 4203's.

They are a bit brighter than V30's. Great match for a Emi Governor in a 2x12.

They also can be seen in the 90's JTM series.
    Last edited by wixedmords; 03-27-2006, 07:38 PM.
    Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
    Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

I also have examples of the Marshall Vintage and the Celestion versions. I also find the Marshall Vintage version a little brighter. However, other than the color of the frame and the sticker they look virtually identical to me. They both use the 444 cones, and the H magnets. What else I can see looks the same. They are are very close, but they do not sound identical. They seem like two sub-versions of the same basic speaker.

Comment

I set out to find out about this speaker and spent quite some time on it LPB.

It does look close when you have them side-by-side, but when I measured it, the dimensions were a bit different.

I asked in some forums, and on the Marshall Law forum one of the guys told me it was a 70 watter, and was in the 1997 Marshall catalog.

I did find these things online at the Marshall site.

Check out the bottom of this link, the extension cabs.

I sometimes jokingly call them a V35.

The speaker also works great paired with a V30.
        Jackson, Ibanez & Ovation Guitars
        Laney, Marshall & Peavey Amplification

((tube max dissipation wattage / amp plate voltage) x % of max dissipation wattage) x 1000 = bias current in mA

"There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, never a man that couldn't be throwed." - Marshall Matt Dillon - GUNSMOKE (1959)

Comment

I just bought the cab

Comment

Comment

yeah, who cares what they are, as long as they sound good!
              Originally posted by krankguitarist
              And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

Comment

It sounds bloody great.
                It is very different tonally to the avatar 2x12 with v30/g12h30.

Overall, alot more definition and warmth.
                Doesn't get flabby as easy as the avatar did, can handle killswitch/metallica tones with ease (very bass heavy metal distortion).
                I love the sound I get with my spina sd-1 and the channel 2 on vintage, very warm. Its what I've been looking for.

Comment

Sweet. Looks killer too. I'll be upgrading to a half stack in a month or so. Can't wait!
                  "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

My mates are trying to convince me to take off the marshall logo...

THERES NO WAY IN HELL!

Comment

Whered ya get it from + how much?

Comment

quarry music closing down sale
                        $700, kudos to ken

Comment

sweet buy. Yeah i was in there monday, bought a guitar case for 70 bucks.

Their gibsons are still 3g's

Know anywhere that sells 1X12 cabs round here for not too much???

Comment

haha cheap gear around here?
                            GOOD LUCK!
                            Unless if u get it used or in liquidation, it ain't happening for ya.
                            Try mick sampson (the guy that made baez), u know him?

I was in there monday checkin it out. Your guitar case didnt happen to be textured was it? I saw a guy come in and buy a case that wasn't standard black.
                            I was sittin at the bench talkin to the guy that works there, most likely playing a Les Paul custom. I was in there from 12-3

Comment

yeah i probly saw ya then (dont shoot me they didnt have any black ones left! l)..small world...i live just up the highway from there.

nup, dunno the fella yar onabout. No rush, ..just keep an eye out for me

Comment

Working...
                              X