Clean Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Amp

I need a clean amp for recording, but I record in my room and I can't have anything too loud so what would be a good amp to check out that had a nice clean sound at low volumes? I would like an amp that I can buy new and the simpler the better. Can be tube or SS. Anything over 5 watts tube is going to be way too much btw.

Maybe a Vox AD? Crate V58?

????

Re: Clean Amp

I don't think you're going to have too much trouble getting a nice moderate-volume clean tone from any amp under 30 watts. It's good distorted tones that would give you trouble if volume is a big concern.

The Mesa F-30 has a very nice clean tone at lower volumes - easy on the wallet too.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I love vox cleans (very warm) thats why i want to buy a crate V3112 (cheapo VOX with 2 channels)
      Gondola Kid
      Bandcamp
      Facebook
      JimijaymesGuitarist
      Youtube

Comment

Fender Champ. There have probably been more songs recorded on one of those than any other amp. It's at least near the top. Good clean sound and capable of a little grit, especially if you stick a pedal in front of it.
        It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Mesa Boogie. I have a Simul-Satellite tube 85-100 watt amp. Its a clena only amp, and its amazing. Ofcourse you can overdrive it for rich warm tube drive...

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMIA
            Fender Champ. There have probably been more songs recorded on one of those than any other amp. It's at least near the top. Good clean sound and capable of a little grit, especially if you stick a pedal in front of it.
            I had a blackface one and I didn't like it at all. Plus I want somthing that is in current production.

Originally posted by dark_knight
            Mesa Boogie. I have a Simul-Satellite tube 85-100 watt amp. Its a clena only amp, and its amazing. Ofcourse you can overdrive it for rich warm tube drive...
            That is way to much. This is for bedroom recording.

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4
              I had a blackface one and I didn't like it at all. Plus I want somthing that is in current production.
              What didn't you like about it? There are several guys out there that can make good copies of them.
              It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Ultimate Clean Amp= Roland Jazz Chorus

Though 'pending who you ask they may also say "Ultimate Sterile Clean Amp" too...neat sound..but not for everyone

(jes grab a Roland Cube amp...15/30/60 watter) clean channel is a JC circuit...though it won't be quite the same..not as "lush"
                I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Fender Deluxe, 65 style Twin, and Mesa Mark IIB
                  1973 Les Paul Standard
                  1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

A problem you may run in to depending on what you consider "bedroom levels" is the signal to noise ratio when recording. You may have the amp at a decent level where you can play and not annoy anyone else in the house but that means you may need to pump the trim level on the mic up which can introduce some unwanted noise.

I record at home as well, just making clips to share and stuff. But I have found that my little amp, a SS 12-15 watter, records better when it's a little louder than bedroom levels or just a tad louder than conversation level. When nobody is home but me I've taken full advantage and turned it up some more and it records beautifully that way, as any amp would.

If you plan on recording late at night or with a full house, my recommendation is a POD 2.0 or XT so you can just run line out of the POD to the mixer. All anyone would hear is you plucking away on the strings.

Comment

Working...
                    X