Dose laney still make anything like the old AOR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dose laney still make anything like the old AOR's

hey guys, first off i love the aor's they are just like the 800, but alot cheaper, unfortunatly they are had to find, and when i do find them its on ebay, in the states. Since im in canada shipping and customs harldy make it worlth the while to buy a used amp from the states. So do they make any new ones that are like copys of the aor's (preferably combo size) which are copy of the 800's. Thanks. Still considering that traynor blue though haha.
    Last edited by ScottPearson88; 04-02-2006, 05:12 AM.

Re: Dose laney still make anything like the old AOR's

The GH50L head is not that far off a modded JCM800. Similar control layout and such. But there isn't a combo version.
    Last edited by Rich_T; 04-02-2006, 10:54 AM.
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Eh I have an AOR *rubs it in* and to be honest, though I'm selling it, it IS VERY close to a JCM800. I first thought it'd all be hype but nope...

Comment

I had an AOR Pro Tube Lead 100 head that I got for a good price. I didn't use it all that much and ended up selling it to Dooogz on here

It had more gain than my JCM800, and quite a similar tone. I preferred my Orange AD30 and my Marshalls though, so i sold the Laney.

Comment

I love my Laney GH50L. I think the GH series is meant to be the updated version of the AOR. Mine does get you into that JCM800 territory. Its pretty versatile throughout its gain range id say, well worth checking out.

Jeff

Comment

whats the Orange AD30 sound like, ie what amps could u compare it too. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ScottPearson88
              whats the Orange AD30 sound like, ie what amps could u compare it too. thanks
              I THINK it's s'pposed to be their take on a Vox, but I'm not sure.

In my opinion, Orange amps have their own sound, they don't really seem to sound like any other amps. It has a very open sound, that's gritty and edgy but in a good way

I'm sorry, I'm crap at explaining sounds

Comment

My sister plays through an AOR Pro Tube Lead 100 head..that thing is a freakin monster! great tones in that thing
                Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Working...
                X