Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I Bought This For My 50 Watt Marshall

The 50 Watt Mass

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 04-02-2006, 01:24 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Today I Bought This For My 50 Watt Marshall

I had a weber mass and I did not get the sound I wanted. Great product though. I guess I just wanted more bit from the preamp as opposed to power stage dist. The EQ on it are a great feature.
    It will sound better with your plexi than my 800.
    Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
    Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
    Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
    Epiphone LP Special w/JB
    Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
    Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
    1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
    Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Originally posted by Reckless Abandon
      I had a weber mass and I did not get the sound I wanted. Great product though. I guess I just wanted more bit from the preamp as opposed to power stage dist. The EQ on it are a great feature.
      It will sound better with your plexi than my 800.
      We'll have to see? Years ago I used a Marshall PowerBrake with this same amp...It was ok and did the job,but this Weber product should be alot better with it's tweakability factor....Hopefully anyway!?
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Cool deal John! I am talking to a local guy about buying an amp from him as well as a hotplate if that deal falls through (right now it looks like it will) I'll be ordering a Mass too! I was gonna order one late last week but this deal popped up and it includes a Hot Plate (which is a great unit as well) so we'll see. Are you not worried about the 50 watt ratting?
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
          Cool deal John! I am talking to a local guy about buying an amp from him as well as a hotplate if that deal falls through (right now it looks like it will) I'll be ordering a Mass too! I was gonna order one late last week but this deal popped up and it includes a Hot Plate (which is a great unit as well) so we'll see. Are you not worried about the 50 watt ratting?
          I went with the Mass because I run my Marshall head into different cabs and impedences....I'm not worried about the 50 watt rating...

Comment

I hear ya...I really like that the MASS can be used with any cab. This deal looks like it's gonna go south real fast so I think Im just gonna order up a MASS this week. Good luck with yours!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I hear ya...I really like that the MASS can be used with any cab. This deal looks like it's gonna go south real fast so I think Im just gonna order up a MASS this week. Good luck with yours!
              Thanks buddy....I really felt the 50 watt version for my 50 watt head should do it,but now you've got me worried or wondering Christian?

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                Thanks buddy....I really felt the 50 watt version for my 50 watt head should do it,but now you've got me worried or wondering Christian?

I didn't mean to worry you brother...and if you don't plan on running the amp full bore all the time you'll be fine but when I talked to the guys at Weber last week they suggested that I get the 100 watt version if I was gonna use a fully cranked 50 watt amp as to not blow the Mass...the Mass uses a speaker motor so in the case of a 50 watt Mass a 50 watt amp could blow it...if you don't plan on running it dimed out all the time I wouldn't worry.

Comment

I didn't mean to worry you brother...and if you don't plan on running the amp full bore all the time you'll be fine but when I talked to the guys at Weber last week they suggested that I get the 100 watt version if I was gonna use a fully cranked 50 watt amp as to not blow the Mass...the Mass uses a speaker motor so in the case of a 50 watt Mass a 50 watt amp could blow it...if you don't plan on running it dimed out all the time I wouldn't worry.
                  Maybe I should go with the 100 watt version for safety though? Glad you told me this brother! I Planned on cranking it up pretty good...

Comment

A lot of Marshall owners I know seem to dig the Hot Plate more than the Mass, but the Mass definitely seems like it has more options.
                    Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                    Originally posted by Zerberus
                    Better is often the enemy of good
                    Originally posted by ginormous
                    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                      Maybe I should go with the 100 watt version for safety though? Glad you told me this brother! I Planned on cranking it up pretty good...
                      go with the 100 watt model then.
                      Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
                      Suhr OD-50
                      Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Both of the guys at Weber agreed that if you plan to crank the amp way up go for the 100 watt version...

Comment

Both of the guys at Weber agreed that if you plan to crank the amp way up go for the 100 watt version...
                          yea, i remember reading that old marshalls like that can actually put out 70-80 watts when running all the way up
                          http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                          >cord<
                          1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
                            A lot of Marshall owners I know seem to dig the Hot Plate more than the Mass, but the Mass definitely seems like it has more options.
                            I Need the ability of working with more than 1 impedence since I Plug my heads into different cabs depending on the venue...

Comment

Originally posted by flank
                              yea, i remember reading that old marshalls like that can actually put out 70-80 watts when running all the way up
                              Yes and mine is rippin loud!

Comment

Working...
                              X