I was gonna sell my UV-1 to get a Microvibe

Reasons?

The UV1 has a horrible bypass
    The UV1 is bulky AND needs it's own adaptor and won't take a battery

any thoughts?
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: VOODOO LABS MicroVibe or Dunlop UV-1

The Micro vibe ia a much better unit IMO but to be hoenst I like the Love Pedal Magic Boy better than both!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

The Dunlop sounds better.

True, the 'bypass' is a tone-sucking joke but the overall tone is way hipper. The Micovibe sounds really watered down and 1-dimension in comparison. That's assuming we're talking about the bigger 2-button Dunlop thing...their other Uni-Vibe pedal is really sad, more of a chorus then a vibe.
      J. 'Moose' Kahrs
      mixer|producer|recordist
      mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
      All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

I actually prefer the sound of my Dunlop to a boutique vibe clone I played. Guitar Center has Voodoo Labs, right? Try one out. Heck buy it then return it within 30 days.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I dunno about your Guitarget's but the three within 40 minutes of me don't stock anything from VooDoo labs besides the Sparkledrive.
          J. 'Moose' Kahrs
          mixer|producer|recordist
          mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
          All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

I don't know, I try to only go there for strings when I unexpectedly run out. I just remember seeing a Voodoo labs pedal at some point in time.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Micro vibe is true bypass and sounds closer to the original univbe IMHO.
              Originally posted by tone4days
              we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

I like the Microvibe better. The Fulltone ones are really my favorite though.
                Sometimes I wish I didn't sell my gold Dejavibe to forum member MRID.
                If I get another, it's going to be the H&K Rotosphere......a little different, but WAY cool.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Lovepedal Magicboy....
                  Got an inside trimmer as well....great sound...I am still trying to get a real Univibe though.

Comment

I lean to the Microvibe only because it's true bypass, small, and doesn't clog my whole freakin' board. I don't need the chorus per se, I have a chorus pedal, and I like the Univibe sound for what it is.

I actually like it when subtly used in R&B a la Isley's
                    1973 Les Paul Standard
                    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

I have a Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe pedal and really dig it. Micro Vibe plus Fuzz and the Star Spangled Banner - Way cool. You can also get a great Trower sound out of it. I even set the speed really slow, the intensity low and it gives a nice texure to the sound. Great pedal for the money and the size! I have 3 voodoo Lab pedals.

Comment

Working...
                      X