banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall 6100 (30th Anniv) - Tell me more! Talk to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 6100 (30th Anniv) - Tell me more! Talk to me!

I picked up a 30th anniversary and posted about it before. I have done forum searches all over the net, there is SO LITTLE on these amps.

Many people RAVE about the EL34 models, one person on here had one and opted for a 900 instead, and some people complain of tech problems. Otherwise I get VERY LITTLE info on them.

Opinions on settings? Power modes? Anyone using them besides SATCH? FX processors or pedals that go good with them? How they compare to 800's or Jubilees.

Mine has Sovteks, and I hear Tesla's might be a better way to go. I want to make it a little more fat and woody sounding like some of the Jubilees I have played. I opted for this over a Jubilee because the power modes and channel switching helped.

Any ways to sweeten the lead channel? Recommendations on upkeep? Speakers? ANYTHING?

I usually get a lot of good info online or off forums. HC hasn't helped a ton. People either rave or complain.

Is this thing on? hehe
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: Marshall 6100 (30th Anniv) - Tell me more! Talk to me!

I'd probably put in JJ EL-34's or E-34L's. My favorite pre tubes in channel switching Marshalls are GT 12AX7C's.......or maybe just one in the 1st position.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I think they are one of the better modern channel switching type amps. In my opinion they are a better triple mode Marshall than the TSL. They look great in blue, but I'm a sucker for any custom color amp. Joe Satch used the 30th as his primary amp for years and years. Well maintained, with quality tubes, they can be quite toneful, but there are 11 tubes to keep tabs on. They are a desirable Marshall, that most of us would love to have, and they are not all that common.

Years ago, I knew of one that wans't used much, because the tone was weak, and really not very loud, even in the 100watt mode. It worked, but didn't sound quite right. It was finally traced down to a faulty output transformer. With a good OPT, it was suddenly a really powerful tone monster. The guy was then so happy with it that he wouldn't part with it no matter what.
      Last edited by Lake Placid Blues; 04-03-2006, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Here's "some" info. Not a lot, but the manual is there if you need/want it, as well as schematics.
        Dr. Tube's Marshall Page - 30th Anniversary

A few more:
        Marshall Amps 30th Anniversary Page
        Marshall Arts 30th Anniversary Page
        Blue Horizon Marshall 6100 Page

Comment

Working...
        X