Just got a DD-3 for my VHT Pitbull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a DD-3 for my VHT Pitbull

Just went and bought a Boss DD-3 to put in the effects loop of my VHT Pitbull.
    wanted to get more of a 'wet' rock stadium sound.
    I think that Delay for rock adds that extra 3 dimensional sound.

Guess i was playing my Digital Processor too long and got used to having the delay on all the time and getting that effected vibe to it.

Hope it doesnt 'color' the sound too much. Just in case i made a deal with the lady at the store and if i dont like it i will trade it in for a MXR Phaser.
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Re: Just got a DD-3 for my VHT Pitbull

one question,

do i need to use the Boss adaptor with it or can i use any old Adaptor?
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

Use the Boss PSA-120T adapter. It's regulated which means it puts out the required voltage reliably without going from 9 up to 12, then maybe down to 8, then back to 10, then 9. It keeps the power supply at a constant level. Don't even thing about using batteries. It'll eat 'em for lunch in less than an hour most likely.

Comment

well i took it for a quick spin and it sounds great.

it gave me that sound that i thought was missing.
        too cool.

i used it with batteries on a first try.
        So will it ruin the unit if i use it with a different adaptor??
        i have an adaptor that is 9 volts already.
        Ibanez Roadstar II
        EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
        VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Comment

I'd be very careful...make sure it is neg tipped...maybe you could share the details of the adaptor with us.

Comment

ok it is one of those ones that has many different voltages you can put it on as well as 9volt.

it also says current 1000mA
            what do you think?
            Ibanez Roadstar II
            EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
            VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Comment

Originally posted by tone?
              ok it is one of those ones that has many different voltages you can put it on as well as 9volt.

it also says current 1000mA
              what do you think?
              I'd steer away from that! My Boss PSA-120T says:

Output - DC: 9.6V 200mA

Comment

I've blown at least two pedals from insufficient power supplies and I'm done with guessing!! I'd just buy the damned adaptor, if I were you. It's not worth it...

Comment

thanks dude

i agree 100%!
                  Ibanez Roadstar II
                  EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
                  VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Comment

NP...Although, I am eternally sorry about the $20 you're going to have to blow on the new adaptor...but, better money than your pedal, eh?

Glad your digging your delay!

Comment

The miliamp reading just states how much current draw that adapter allows. You can use it as long as it is negative tip with the DD-3 safely, but I wouldn't because of my first reasoning, it's most likely not regulated. I'd still use the Boss PSA adapter.

Comment

Yeah i am gonna get the boss adaptor just to be on the safe side.

by the way i took the advice of the guy i bought my amp from and put the pedal in the parallel loop and messed with it that way.

I totally dug my amp before but now i absolutely love it!

For some reason i just love the way the Delay adds so much more dimesion to the sound and to the feel when i play.

just totally dig it.
                        Ibanez Roadstar II
                        EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
                        VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Comment

Working...
                        X