2X10 vs 1X12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2X10 vs 1X12

For Edinburgh I finally figured out what I was going to do. Since I want to build amps this bad, I'm going to swap out my big Laney I have now for an Ibanez Valbee, mod this one for an external speaker plug, and build/buy a cab. All the amps I'll build will also first be in head format so I can ABY them with a switch.
    The amps I'll get are all likely to be anywhere from 2 to 15W but not much higher I guess. Maybe 22W for a deluxe reverb clone I have in mind. Now about the cab, size is one of the main factors. I'm looking at either a 112 or a 210. Two 10s will move more air than a single 12, and I could use different speakers (A Celestion and Jensen, not sure of the models yet) at different db ratings. Thing is, I don't know how big a 210 usually is, I never saw one. Furthermore, I'd also use it for bedroom level and try to have it so I can use it as open/half open/closed.
    For this use (and keeping it mind it could see live use too, why the heck not?), which would sound better?
    If you need any more info, ask, I don't really know what else to tell... As my styles of music are quite broad and my rig will vary quite a bit.

Re: 2X10 vs 1X12

2-10's sound nice on mids and highs, but can fart out if you hit big low notes.
    For that reason, I like 12's and usually 2-12's and 4-12's are the best sounding, to my ears. Amp companies often use the same cabinet size for 1-12 as they do 2-10, so all they have to do is supply a different baffle board.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Re: 2X10 vs 1X12

So for heavy styles of music, 210 isn't best suited if I ever want to run my POD through a poweramp and it then?

Comment

Working...
      X