Peavey Valve King ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Valve King ?

On musicianfriends.com it is listed for 500$ a 100 watt tubie .... do they really suck or they are actually the best deal you can get for 100 watt tubie ??? does any one have links to sound clips, and how good is it for classical/power metal ??? Thanks.
    Active Duty Rig:
    MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
    Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Re: Peavey Valve King ?

welll I'll let you know, I traded an amp for the 50 watt 1x12 version of the amp (an amp which I will probably eventuallly sell, but hey, I'm giving it a shot). I should have it on Monday.
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Cool.
      Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

I got the 50 watt version. The distortion is ok its very metalish IMO which is prolly why i dont really like it but i use it maiinly for the clean. Its a good deal i supose but there are some problems some people would find major but i dont like when u switch channels it drops out for a split second.

Comment

my mesa boogie had the same problem, so it's not a cheap amp problem my rectoverb annoyed me so bad when I switched channels and it had a split second cut out period
          It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
          Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

I may end up with mine up for sale...actually traded it with the intention of selling it...so *shrug* the buddy of mine that had this amp was a good buddy of mine and wanted more of a Fender sound so I took about a $50 loss and traded with him so that he'd have something he liked more

Comment

Ya i was tossing around the idea of kicking the VK to the curb for a blues junior or some other fender but ill prolly end up keeping the one i got.

Comment

I've got a blues jr.....thats an amp I will NEVER get rid of!!! I'm selling the valve king to help fund a custom amp Edana 2x12 combo from Scott_F

Comment

CapoFirstFret, so Dude how is it for classic/power metal ??? my b-day coming up time to tell my friends what to cheap in for. Thanks.
                  Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

alright so I got the valve king today...and I gotta say though i only got to play with it for about an hour and that was with jazz band, it's got a pretty good tone coming from it! I honestly believe that if you have a tube amp with decent speakers and you can't get at least a useable pleasing tone, you just aren't doing soomething right. Even cheap speakers can end up with some pretty pleasing tones. I really like the reverb on this thing. It's a little more subtle than my super. I also was digging the class AB - Class A dial that you can dial in between them. Also the overdrive channel was not bad!! I think most people's problems with overdrive channels is they crank the gain! I put the gain on about 4 and the volume on about 5 or 6 and I got a VERY useable overdrive! pleasing actually! If I didn't have a Celtic on the way, this amp might be a keeper!

Now remember I'm a blues/rock, country/rock, folk/rock type of player and metal isn't my forte so if this thing can really do metal, I may never find out as I don't play those styles of music. but for the price, it's a great killer little amp with some sweet tones

Comment

Thanks Dude, do you think it can get loud enough for a gig with out a PA or practice with another guitar and the band ? how do you think it will sound through 1960A marshal cab ?
                      Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

It should be loud enough even without an extension cabinet. You and your band just have to know and remember how to balance the volume for each instruments; no volume ego and wars!

By the way, I hate any split second signal drop when switching channels, especially on Mesa. It's retarded. It's good that TriAxis doesn't have that problem.

Comment

yeah that is retarded though i haven't tried the footswitch yet to know if it's a problem with this one but it's a very good amp and kudos too Peavey for putting out another good one in a respectable price range. I think 1x12 at 50 watts (AB) or 30 watts (class A) should be MORE than loud enough. I played in a band with 2 guitars, keys, drums, bass, and harmonica and I played with a Blues Jr. and didn't have problems.

Comment

CapoFirstFret, which one out of the three did you get ?
                            Active Duty Rig:

BadHoarsie Original ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

honestly i hated it. i got a better sound out of some SS Fender stuff...and there are Peavey amps I like. I just think this one seemed pretty lifeless for a tube amp.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X