Fender Gurus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Gurus...

I've tried them all, and I keep coming back to the Fender '64 reissue vibroverb with the mods built in. So lush and clean!

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
      The Tremolux doesn't have Verb. Some Bandmasters came w/t verb,But fender used a Butt ugly cabinet for them trying to keep the tank from the transformer's. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the Bassman.
      A good BF Bassman can enter Marshall territory.

True. One further research I've learned that the Bandmaster and Tremolux have tremolo/vibratto, and not reverb.

Does anyone find it funny that Leo always confused tremolo and vibratto?

Does anyone find it even funnier that Leo confused them on the same amp (to get tremolo on a Tremolux you need to plug into the vibratto input).
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I gig with my super reverb and let me tell you the tone is nearly god-like. The bar manager when I played last week at the blues club I play at even noticed! He said it was easily the greatest tone I'd ever gotten. Now when the bar manager notices, you're onto something
        Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
        It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
          True. One further research I've learned that the Bandmaster and Tremolux have tremolo/vibratto, and not reverb.

Does anyone find it funny that Leo always confused tremolo and vibratto?

Does anyone find it even funnier that Leo confused them on the same amp (to get tremolo on a Tremolux you need to plug into the vibratto input).
          They're kinda sorta the same thing, but kinda sorta not. There's a technical difference between them that propeller heads could explain better then I can! In theory the difference should be that 'vibrato' modulates the signal up & down in pitch while trem should turn make it go on & off.

In practice sometimes either or both can & will happen!
          J. 'Moose' Kahrs
          mixer|producer|recordist
          mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
          All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Originally posted by J Moose
            They're kinda sorta the same thing, but kinda sorta not. There's a technical difference between them that propeller heads could explain better then I can! In theory the difference should be that 'vibrato' modulates the signal up & down in pitch while trem should turn make it go on & off.

In practice sometimes either or both can & will happen!
            I know that, but Leo also called the vibratto bar on a Stratocaster a tremolo bar.....
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
              I know that, but Leo also called the vibratto bar on a Stratocaster a tremolo bar.....
              Damn.

'Ya got me there!
              J. 'Moose' Kahrs
              mixer|producer|recordist
              mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
              All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Well let's remember that Leo Fender was not a musician. He couldn't play guitar, bass, or the freakin kazoo. He was an electronics geek, and that's it. He couldn't even tune a guitar. The guys that worked in his shop later got so tired of him just strumming guitars no matter what tuning they were in started tuning his test guitars to open E so at least they'd be a chord when Leo was tweaking amps.
                Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

You are very lucky to have a chance to play all those cool Fender amps in the same place! Plug in to all of them and see which one you like. Think of where and how you will play it most of the time, because they will sound different. I like Reverb and Tremolo - 2 less pedals to deal with and Tube Tremolo and Tube Reverb are way cool!
                  Tremolo - Volume Vibrato - Pitch
                  Some thing magical about a Fender Strat or Tele through a Fender amp. They just go together.

Comment

Working...
                  X