bought a new amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought a new amp...

Well I finally gave up on my modded dsl100. Great cleans and nice sounding but it's just not a metal amp. I went to a shop that had the uberschall, extacy, krank krankenstien, krank revolution, framus cobra, framus dragon, and a ton of other really nice amps. I played through them all a while.

The krankenstien knocked my socks off. Best metal tone and a great clean channel. I couldn't believe it. Got it to the band room late last night got it all setup jammed a few songs and I’m still in shock. It was about 1700. Which is way less then the Bogners and the Framus’s were.

Now I have a good idea what they all sound like. The uberschall sounded a lot like my voodoo modded dsl(which is now for sale and going on ebay in a few days). extacy was real similar as well. Dragon was all right but still not the right tone. The cobra I played was really picky. I couldn't dial out squeals and hissing with the gain up past 6 and the volume just barely on, way to many channels that I don't need on top of that. Everything the krankenstien has makes sense and is very user friendly. All the knobs actually make it sound different unlike a lot of amps. The sweep and presence are real amp changers. I like how it has dual master volumes on the gain channel so you can hit the footswitch for lead work and have it run off the 2nd master set to wherever. I use a g major with a behringer pedal board and I’ve already got it setup for the new amp. Now I don't have to use the g major for db gains for lead work I can have the amp do it.

I also no longer need to use the hotplate like I did on the dsl, This amp has plenty of metal tone without having to really work the tubes and it sounds almost like it has a built in noise gate compared to the Marshall. I still use the g majors noise gate cause there is an extremely faint distortion hiss when not playing like all amps have but I did turn it down on some of the channels I have preset.

I have a show tonight so it will be the first real test but from what I’ve heard so far it's going to be a great night.
    boreddddddddddd

Re: bought a new amp...

Congrats....these amps get ALOT of Flak over on HC...mainly cos the Krank people (i.e. employees) were apparently putting up alot of bogus positive reviews and got caught. But I've never heard much fo a compelling argument why they aren't good amps on their own.

How would you describe the sounds? I've never heard one. (better yet, post some clips! )
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

goto www.gizmachi.net and listen to either one of the mp3's they have. it sounds just like that. I believe they use krank heads as well but revolutions not the krankenstien which is dimebags sig amp. Has more gain and a few different options. I don't like his music but it seems he knew how to setup an amp. It's not for somebody who is looking for 80's metal or any type of rock. I have no doubt it can do it but you would be better off somethign a little less agressive. It's as death metal as it gets and does it perfectly.
      Last edited by Chi3f; 04-11-2006, 09:29 AM.
      boreddddddddddd

Comment

Awesome! I've heard and seen bands using them live and the sound was good! You better post some clips of that monster because I like the way your DSL sounded.

Comment

i could send you the dsl for the right price nightburst

it will probably be on ebay tomorrow so if anybody is interested in it shoot me a pm.
          boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
            goto www.gizmachi.net and listen to either one of the mp3's they have. it sounds just like that.
            Hmm....not my thing at all...but the guitars in those clips are downtuned to Z...so hard to tell what it would sound like normally.

from those clips it sounds an awful lot like a Randall to me..just a little less grainy and less tight.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB
              Hmm....not my thing at all...but the guitars in those clips are downtuned to Z...so hard to tell what it would sound like normally.

from those clips it sounds an awful lot like a Randall to me..just a little less grainy and less tight.

they are playing 7 strings
              boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
              X