Sound City owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound City owners

Hi all, anyone had experience of Sound City amps? Just bought an old Artiste Pro 30 combo which is solid state, with twin Eminence 10' speakers, Decent clean sound, but they're a bit scarce and I want to compare notes with anyone who's had/got one, mainly about the tone controls and overall volume. the only info I can find is here http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eiktobli...artiste_30_1.1

Re: Sound City owners

Guy Who Invented Fire has an SC amp I am sure he'll be by shortly.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Here I am!

As you already know the Artiste Pro 30 is Solid State...to be honest the only thing I can tell you is that it is very rare as it appeares SS did not make many of them.

Do you have any specific questions?
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I've never heard or seen one of those! Nor did I ever know that Sound City ever made solid-state amps until today.

Totally bizzare.

How's it sound? Does it do the loud & clean thing or something entirely different?
        J. 'Moose' Kahrs
        mixer|producer|recordist
        mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
        All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Well, if I play the guitar straight into it, its an almost acoustic sound, nice and clean, but there's no separate gain control, I know SC used active gain controls on the bass mid and treble on some models i.e. if you turn 'em down to zero, even with the vol up full, there's no sound, which is what's happening on this amp. Apart from that, they just seem to be acting like normal tone controls on this, don't get me wrong, it sounds great with a pedal in front, through the v-amp or pod its VERY loud, but without one, it's not, I'm assuming its a 30watt amp, so I'm thinking there may be a problem on the preamp side, the problem with it being so rare, is that I can't get a schematic for love 'nor money.
          That's why I've been trying to find someone with another one to compare notes,
          the guys on Plexi palace forum have been helpful, but it just looks like there may not be many out there.

Comment

Working...
          X