banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any GT EL34L Users In Your Marshall Amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any GT EL34L Users In Your Marshall Amps?

I just put these in my 50 watter replacing the Audio Glassic/Sevetlana tubes I had in my amp...What I hear now,is a louder,stronger,gainier,bassier amp with alot more openess in tone...

The only thing I Miss is the cleaner headroom I had with the Svets,but the these GT EL34Ls are pretty kicka$$ otherwise....I'm thinking the Svets were just getting weak but they still sounded really good...I had these GT EL34L tubes and basically I wanted to see how they'd be..
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Any GT EL34L Users In Your Marshall Amps?

I love JJ E-34L's and the GT's may be the exact same thing.....not sure.
    As a matter of fact, I don't even stray too much from JJ EL-34's and E-34L's, because they're cheap and sound great.

I think the GT 12AX7C's are amongst my favorite pre tubes.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      I love JJ E-34L's and the GT's may be the exact same thing.....not sure.
      As a matter of fact, I don't even stray too much from JJ EL-34's and E-34L's, because they're cheap and sound great.

I think the GT 12AX7C's are amongst my favorite pre tubes.
      Cool GJ.....Thanks for posting to me on this! Trace and myself both seem to like the Chinese 12AX7s in our Marshalls,but I still do have an original Mullard in V1 that keeps staying in that position....V2 and V3 are an ARS 12AX7C and V3 is a GT 12AX7C....I agree that I Like the overall gain structure,mids,and tone of a good Chinese tube 100% buddy!

And it might be possible that the JJ and the GT are the same 30 watt dissipation rated tubes? Everyone raves about the JJ..
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The Groove Tube EL34L was the same tube as the JJ EL34L when Groove Tubes started selling them a couple years ago. I have not seen them recently to know if they still are. I still prefer the SED Winged "C" (real Svetlanas) over the JJs. I like the top end harmonics better on the SEDs.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
        Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
        Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
        Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Were the Svetlana tubes you were using the winged-C type, or the "S logo" kind? I'm using the S-logo type now, and they're top-notch for what I do - but not as much lows as I've heard with the winged-C . . . I'm just curious to know how the JJ's compare to which set of those tubes.

Comment

Keep in mind that the JJ/Tesla/GT EL34Ls, is a 30 watt tube- regular EL34 tubes are 25 watts.
            Here is the tube data sheet:
            " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

I've used them in an 800 and Bogner Shiva (until I was told that was a no-no). Now, I use the EH 6CA7 in the 800 and winged-C Svet's in the Shiva. They're not necessarily better, just different.

Comment

Originally posted by marvar
                Keep in mind that the JJ/Tesla/GT EL34Ls, is a 30 watt tube- regular EL34 tubes are 25 watts.
                Here is the tube data sheet:
                http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinti...arch_1999a.pdf
                Yep....I knew they were rated for 30 watt plate dissipation,,

Comment

Originally posted by JRawk
                  Were the Svetlana tubes you were using the winged-C type, or the "S logo" kind? I'm using the S-logo type now, and they're top-notch for what I do - but not as much lows as I've heard with the winged-C . . . I'm just curious to know how the JJ's compare to which set of those tubes.
                  Not sure? These were the very first series Svetlana tubes that came in clear plastic holders by Audio Glassic....

Comment

Working...
                  X