Help choosing a cabinet!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help choosing a cabinet!!

I currently have Marshall 1960A but it's completely soulless for what I play IMO. I need either 2x12 or 4x12 (the amp = Triamp mk2) that would handle variety of clean tones and creamy overdrive.. Help!

Re: Help choosing a cabinet!!

Originally posted by edi_87
    I currently have Marshall 1960A but it's completely soulless for what I play IMO. I need either 2x12 or 4x12 (the amp = Triamp mk2) that would handle variety of clean tones and creamy overdrive.. Help!
    Are you leaning towards a 2x12 then?

Alot of guys like matching a Celestion V30 with the Celestion G12H-30 or hookup with Lew about the new Emminence series stuff...
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I don't really care if it's gonna be 2x12 or 4x12. 2x12 is obviously cheaper, but it just.. depends.. lol

What about Celestion Greenbacks? Chris seemed to be enthusiastic about them.. And I suppose you can get some awesome clean with them.. Am I right?

Oh yea, and there are still those Weber speakers, i'd like to know something more about them.. any experiences?

Comment

I don't really care if it's gonna be 2x12 or 4x12. 2x12 is obviously cheaper, but it just.. depends.. lol

What about Celestion Greenbacks? Chris seemed to be enthusiastic about them.. And I suppose you can get some awesome clean with them.. Am I right?

Oh yea, and there are still those Weber speakers, i'd like to know something more about them.. any experiences?
        The greenbacks aren't really all that clean- they start breaking up pretty early, as they are 25 watt speakers,but they are great sounding speakers, warm and woody kinda', great for classic rock. I use them in my 4x12.
        In my Marshall combo- I use the above mentioned V30/G12H30 speaker combination, and I really like that too.
        " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

You may wan't to check out avatar. Alot of bang for the buck. Mix up any speaker combo if you like.

Comment

any speaker combo suggestions?? Ive been thinking of Vitage 30's.. maybe with something else to mix them with.. What i need is suberb clean..

Comment

Celestion G12H30 is cleaner than the V30.
              H30 is much more transparant lots of Lows, sparkling high, even tempered mids.
              V30 does have that upper mid spike going on.

Comment

k, then what do you think about following combo: 2xVintage 30 2x G12H30's in 4x12 slant cab? Heard that it gives this rich warm clean flavour..

Comment

k, then what do you think about following combo: 2xVintage 30 2x G12H30's in 4x12 slant cab? Heard that it gives this rich warm clean flavour..
                  Lots of folks are using this combination in an X pattern in their cabs-
                  The H30 will appear to sound louder than the V30, although their SPL is the same. mostly because the H30 has a wider frequency response.
                  I use 1 H30 and 1 V30 in my combo amp- sounds pretty good.

Comment

i just thought.. maybe i should leave two G12T-75's and replace the other two in order to get the richer sound and better clean.. What do you thin about this? What could I put in there?

Comment

Working...
                    X