what are behringer speakers like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are behringer speakers like?

my local guitar store has a 412s (? think thats what it is) angled cab with the top two speakers that angle outwards to the side and up.

anyone have any experience with this line of cab? do they go well with a 100 watt tube combo?
    Originally posted by ratherdashing
    As long as Giada exists, there is no reason for Rachel Ray.
    -05 Hamer USA Standard
    -05 Gibson Sg Standard w/Blackouts
    -07 Gibson Explorer Pro Mahogany
    -Simon & Patrick CW Spruce
    -Laney VC-100 2X12 Combo
    -Tychobrahe wah>Maxon OD9 pro+>Carbon copy>GE-7, TU-2

Re: what are behringer speakers like?

Well, Behringer doesn't make the speakers. The company makes cabinets that are loaded with Jensen/Bugera speakers. As far as I know, Jensen has existed quite long and has good reputation in the audio industry, but not as famous as Celestion, Eminence, etc., because these speaker companies have a particular target--guitar audio industry.

I personally own the BG412S. This could be the one that you saw, because the top two speakers are angled. For the money, this cabinet is really good, and it's not even crappy. It is built solidly, comes with wheels (some owners experience problem with them, but I don't), sounds up front.

If you do a search on this forum, I compared this with Marshall 1960 Lead cabinet, Mesa Traditional Rectifier, and B52 cabinet (for the tube version). The Marshall: bass is kind of farty and costs $579, the Mesa: has the mid scooped a liiiitle bit and costs $899, and the B52: it doesn't seem to be "alive."

The BG412S that I own is the most neutral sounding cabinet in comparison to those three, and it can handle big low end too.

In terms of gears, I use the cab with Mesa TriAxis and VHT 2502. I have no problem with it. It's made to handle 400 watts, so a 100 watt head should be just fine.

By the way, make sure that your local guitar store doesn't rip you off. A Sam Ash in my area is selling this cab used for the same price as a new one.

I bought this for $249+$30 shipping from an online store. Other online stores charged you more than $30 for shippping. Unfortunately, I forgot the website that I bought it from; let me know if you need the info.

Comment

Working...
    X