Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Trouble!!

I have a Marshall DSL401.

Problem 1: There is a little green light that indicates it's on the clean channel. Well, randomly, the sound cuts out and the green light shuts off. Sometimes it'll shut off for a few secs and come back, sometimes it'll rapidly go on and off.

Problem 2: The reverb is gooched - when it's on, there's this ZZZZ as you pick each note. Sounds like a blown speaker or something, really awful. It gets worse as the 'verb is turned up, so I leave it on zero currently.

None of these problems are to do with the tubes, as mine are pretty fresh and I had the same problems before the tube change.

Any thoughts?

Re: Amp Trouble!!

The solder connections in the newer Marshall's aren't the worlds greatest, nor are the interconnect cables. Basically, somethings losing a decent connection somewhere.

JS
    ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
    www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Re: Amp Trouble!!

I think those lighhts are 110v led's. So, the power input of 110v needs to be checked first, as jeff was indicating. bad solder joint somewhere. You can probably figure it out with a wooden chopstick and one hand behind your back. just poke and prod and the bad solder joint usually shows up very quickly.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
      X