SS/Modelling Amp for Cleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SS/Modelling Amp for Cleans

The J-Station responds well to both my Spina-modified DS-1 and my Duncan SFX-01. The downside, is that they don't make them anymore. They're fairly reliable, but if the software goes south on you, its harder to get them serviced. (Johnson does still do the service, I believe.)

Comment

The Kabala of all clean SS tone is the Roland JC. Based on that I'd go cube. Like Roland couldn't get the "Roland" sound into the Roland amp? I would bet that the cubes ARE JC's in miniture. You also have access to a nice Fender Twin, and a flexible enough Vox. The cube 60 will give you a presence control that you may or may not want.

I haven't felt the need to futz with any pedals. GO to a local shop and have them plug a fuzz and a chorus into one and see. I can't imagine my JC setting NOT working with them...
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman
        The Kabala of all clean SS tone is the Roland JC. Based on that I'd go cube. Like Roland couldn't get the "Roland" sound into the Roland amp? I would bet that the cubes ARE JC's in miniture. You also have access to a nice Fender Twin, and a flexible enough Vox. The cube 60 will give you a presence control that you may or may not want.

I haven't felt the need to futz with any pedals. GO to a local shop and have them plug a fuzz and a chorus into one and see. I can't imagine my JC setting NOT working with them...
        Nope, the cubes are nowhere near the old JC sound.

Comment

Working...
        X