Genz Benz cabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genz Benz cabs

I'm looking at cabs for my Mesa Dual Rectifier.. it's the 2 channel version and I'm using it in variable high gain, so this cab will be used for ONLY DISTORTION tones (either classic rock in channel 1 or modern metal in channel 2 sounds).. the Genz Benz 4 by 12 G-Flex looks very appealing http://www.genzbenz.com/?fa=detail&m...id=419&cid=93#.. I want something that won't flab out on me.. I don't want the breakup I'd get from say a Marshall 1960A cab.. so has anybody played this amp or spoken with others who've played it?

right now I'm running the dual rec through a Mesa Traditional cab and I love the punch but there's too much breakup at high volumes on my channel 2.. I was thinking about putting a Mesa Oversize Standard Rectifier on top of the traditional to have punch at the bottom and bass w/ headroom at the.. the guy who sold me the rectifier (the lead guitarist from Soil) said it works great but I don't have that kinda money.. any other solutions?
    Last edited by rainsong86; 04-14-2006, 04:27 PM.

Re: Genz Benz cabs

I've played the 2x12 version of it and you'd swear you were listening to a 4x12. It shakes the walls. It belonged to a player I know. It had the Genz-Benz El DiAblo 100 watt head with it. I was playing my fat strat through it and it blew my mind. I want one, i want one i want one was all I could say. I'd find a dealer If i were you and try out the 2x12 at least. If you're impressed with that than the 4x12 is a no brainier and a safe investment. You may find that you can do fine with the 2x12 version of the cab. It's a bit cheaper, it's as loud (or more) and boomy as any of the common 4x12s and it's 1/2 the size and weight to lug around. Seriously though man, these cabinets sound like non other than I've ever heard before. Think I'm exaggerating? Seriously man, find a dealer!

Karl
    My Website

Equipment List:

Fender Fat Strat
    Behringer GMX212 amp
    Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller
    Washburn EA-20k Acoustic/Electric guitar
    Boss DR-5 Dr. Rythm Section
    1970s Fender Princeton 15w amp
    Computer based home recording studiio with Cubase sx and SAW Studio

Comment

awesome.. I'm using my Fender Deville for cleans.. but it would be great if cleans sounded great through that cab too.. how did the cleans sound in a Genz Benz.. (btw I might go with the 2x12 if it measures up.. hell even teh 4 by 12 is lighter than my 130 pound mesa cab)

Comment

Cleans sounded nice and crisp with just the right amount of bottom on them. Not muddy at all. Compared to the fender Deville it's similar with just a bit more bottom. It's difficult (for me) to describe sound and sound is really a matter of preference. You just HAVE to try out one of these cabs man. Good luck.

Karl
        My Website

Equipment List:

Fender Fat Strat
        Behringer GMX212 amp
        Behringer FCB1010 MIDI foot controller
        Washburn EA-20k Acoustic/Electric guitar
        Boss DR-5 Dr. Rythm Section
        1970s Fender Princeton 15w amp
        Computer based home recording studiio with Cubase sx and SAW Studio

Comment

Working...