Brian May signature amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brian May signature amp...

brian may is the guy from talking heads right?
    :S
    YAY

:headbang: Gibson SG SUPREME!!! YEAH!! oh and a Fender princeton 650 amp

R.I.P. Kurt Cobain

Comment

wow my local guitar shop, Big Apple was selling that. i wish i knew they had one in stock because i've been dying to try that out (even though the reviews don't make it sound like its anything special)
      Gibson Les Paul Studio [DD(b), PG(n)]

VHT Deliverance 60
      Splawn 4x12

Xssive built Monroe Drive
      Vox Time Machine Delay
      Boss Noise Supressor

Comment

I have found I do my best writing, playing, and singing when I have a great voiced piece of equipment and don't have to waste time tweaking.

I have never seen this amp, but if it sounds good - Kudos!

I mean I would like a bass treb and mid

but my vintage Marshall is almost a joke as far as controls. It basically has no tonal range, just a volume if you ask me ... lol - and it sounds like GOD!

Some Dr Z's are like this as well - and apparently Brad Paisley knows hot to make 'em sound great. Bad Cats are somewhat simplistic to me, and me like!

I went to this amp after having 2 Mesas that required tweaking to all hell - what a waste of time and money. Pull it out, heat it up and your off - I love it!

So can you footswitch the boost on this amp or is that too many switches?
        1973 Les Paul Standard
        1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny47
          Add a treble booster pedal and a red special guitar = queen. Maybe reverb like you said. But then again, for most of his studio stuff he used a homemade tiny amp made out of his car radio. Not too familiar with it though. But thats were he gets a lot of the treble and the very transistor sound stuff from (think the little intro to the solo in killer queen - almost like a wah pedal).
          yeah i think 75% of his tone is his guitar. hes got so many combos of pickps in/ out of phase, plus they are wired in series, not parallel. its a really kewel guitar.

Comment

Some days I wish I had exactly that. Nothing to fool with.
            It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

The deal with Brian's solid-state amp is this: It was built by Queen bassist John Deacon and they call it Deaky. He didn't use it for all of his studio stuff, just for little special parts like the pre-solo to "Killer Queen," some of his guitar choirs, and the trumpet-sounding parts at the end of "Bohemian Rhapsody." The bulk of his stuff was through AC-30s with the treble booster in front clobbering the front end. One more thing to keep in mind about Brian May: he rules. I saw Queen in San Jose on 4/5 and it was awesome.
              Matt Blackett
              Associate Editor
              Guitar Player Magazine

Comment

$2000.00 for Brian's signature?

Not for me, but I'm sure the buyer will love it

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I must admit, it is intriguing, but you only get one sound: Brian May. It's like buying all Tom Sholtz's R&D stuff to get the Boston sound 100% of the time.

- Keith
                  Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                  I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
                    Just gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme fried chicken.

When did Brian get his doctorate?
                    It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

googled this:

Wrote up PhD in Infra-Red Astronomy but never submitted (1974). Still maintains an amateur interest in Astronomy and appears on "Sky At Night" to discuss current issues. He was recently honored with an Honorary Doctorate and may be referred to as Dr. May.
                      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
                        googled this:

Wrote up PhD in Infra-Red Astronomy but never submitted (1974). Still maintains an amateur interest in Astronomy and appears on "Sky At Night" to discuss current issues. He was recently honored with an Honorary Doctorate and may be referred to as Dr. May.
                        thats way awesome.

steve vai has a PhD, too.
                        Last edited by falloutboyroXXX; 04-17-2006, 07:25 PM.
                        "They're gonna throw fruit at us. And I JUST had a facial."

Comment

Brian has been Dr. Brian May for years...

as for only getting one tone I'll tell ya what...you could have the BM Sig AC-30, the B Signature guitar (pick one) loaded with the BM sig pickups, and run into all of the BM Sig FX and I am sure you still won't sound like Brian May...he has spent years working on getting those tones...
                          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

And with that in mind, why on earth would anyone spend $2000.00 for an $800.00 amp?

This is right up there with $3000.00 for the Rory Gallagher Strat.

By a MIM, strip the crap out of it, throw in an RS wiring kit & some Bareknuckle Irish Tour pickups & save yourself a few grand!

Just my .02

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Seems like an interesting concept.... I'd be curious to try that, but I doubt it would really be worth it at all.
                              • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                              • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                              • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                              • G&L Tribute Comanche
                              • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                              • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                              • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

A friend of mine is a major Queen head. He and I were just talking about these amps last week.

Comment

Working...
                                X